Similar Interest Group: Looking to make friends with other writers.

Seshiri

Any modders who love writing? Are you thinking about writing your own book or series? Do you have a DeviantArt account? (WOW! How commercial did that sound? LOL) I would love to get with fellow writers and talk, compare notes, or shoot the crap with you. We have a group over at DA called writersresources now that databases articles, sites, references, and resources for writing. I know a lot of you have some amazing talent and I want to see us all succeed. We don't just deal in resources either, we want to build a group of people who are willing to share in feedback, improve their work, and help others. Even if you just want to apply your writing skills to modding scripts for characters and story. That's great I would welcome you to join us!

Here's a link if you want to join us. I am still here from time to time just not as often since I need a new computer. I want to game... But the thing overheats easily now. https://writersresources.deviantart.com/

If you just want to talk or friend me at deviantart: https://ladyseshiiria.deviantart.com/

ETA: This is kinda my way of trying to stay close to my favorite people in this community. Since I've been away due to computer issues. I would really be sad if I lost connects with some of you. I really want to stay an active member and supporter so this is my way of doing so. I know tons of you just love to write and modding is a fun way to make stories come alive. I want to as well.

Night and Good Luck!

Edited by Seshiri

neat!

I'll be sure to pass that along to folks.

there's a lot of folks in indie-comics who frequent that space,

the workshops, praxis, and exegesis is awesome stuff.

-----

so how does it work?

'declaiming' and x number of manuscripts or on a per-collab basis?

CCA 3,0 SA-Rd-Remix or general OpenGNU stuff?

I'd be interested in collabing or editorial workshopping.

I do write on occasion and quite enjoy it. I have some stuff written and viewable to the public. Just go to my images and find the screenshot named Day 1.

I'll get a link later as I'm on my phone and the image section doesnt like it.

neat!

I'll be sure to pass that along to folks.

there's a lot of folks in indie-comics who frequent that space,

the workshops, praxis, and exegesis is awesome stuff.

-----

so how does it work?

'declaiming' and x number of manuscripts or on a per-collab basis?

CCA 3,0 SA-Rd-Remix or general OpenGNU stuff?

I'd be interested in collabing or editorial workshopping.

Other than having resources available for people to look at to better their writing. We are trying to get enough participants to do feedback and critique sessions with. Essentially we want to focus on helping everyone work on their quality. I do have a folder where people can advertise if they want to, but that's mostly to just help them get out there more, so more people see it. When a person uploads in a da group everyone watching or in the group sees those uploads and is able to give that person a chance for more exposure and visitors. It will hopefully be a good way to make more friends and find potential people to collab with if you choose. I think honestly the best part will be the ability to better ones writing from outsider help.

When I get the chat room up an going I'd like to hold a sort of feedback/crit workshop every month, perhaps exercises to help with expanding one's mind in writing, and have a place to for people to chat and gather together for business or fun.

Hopefully, people will gain better grammar skills, better storytelling, learn to accept feedback, learn to trim the fat from their writing, and edit theirs or others writing. I affiliated with other groups that do other things as well as collabing, and beta reader services. I'm not looking to nanowrimo people and hold people to an amount standard so much as allow people to work on their projects and come in on their free time or when they feel to have that support. We are affiliated with a nanowrimo group though if you choose to use them as well.

I hope this kind of answers your questions better.

I do write on occasion and quite enjoy it. I have some stuff written and viewable to the public. Just go to my images and find the screenshot named Day 1.

I'll get a link later as I'm on my phone and the image section doesnt like it.

You can post your stuff to DA it would be great for cross traffic here. I found a few modders on DA and its how I was able to link up with people here. I'm glad too. I'm collabing scripts with one I met there. So it has been a major benefit to be involved on multiple platforms.

I just want people to know this isn't a pay service or anything its all free and the members all contribute their part to helping each other out. All members come from all walks of writing styles. Fantasy, sci-fi, political, genre related stuff, some want to become authors, others just want to get a better grade in school or make fanfiction. I just thought for those modders out there that love making story-driven mods or characters they might appreciate having a place to brainstorm and talk with others.