Skyrim Special Edition near perfect mod-list. But two problems persist. Ideas? Help very much appreciated!

Deleted4825434User

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even tho uninstalling mods mid-game is not recommended, it's not that bad to do it. There are some things that stick to your save game even after uninstalling a mod, but if it has some kind of uninstall function, and you use a savegame cleaner after that, it should be enough most of the time. Starting a new game is a bit drastic.

Anyway, the things you see there in xEdit are world cells. For some reason most of them are in red, which means they are being overriden by another mod that's below it in your load order. If you expand, for example, WhiterunBreezehome, you should see some items called navmesh. If you click them, it will show you on the right all the data stored in that item, for every ESP that contains that item. If more than one ESP is modifying those navmeshes, you may experience problems. This will help you identify what mods are in conflict. For example, WhiterunBreezehome navmeshes are overridden by Eli's Breezehome and Immersive Citizens, NPC's will have some problems walking there. I don't know where are all the cells from whiterun, but you can use the search function xEdit has. It's right above the list.

Edited by MaxShadow09

Okay I tried doing as you said and here's what it says https://imgur.com/a/JOivz . However I cannot say that I understand any of it as this is beyond my skills. But I cannot see anything that stands out preventing NPC's from moving about. It's near the big tree in Whiterun mainly and so far no problems near Breezehome. Is this something you can make any sense out of? I will try to disable birds now.

You have to find the "Navigation Mesh" entries, they are inside "Temporary". When you click them, you only need to read the column names, which tells you what mods are modifying those objects. The ones you showed in the pics are only being overriden by Eli_Breezehome, so they are fine (Skyrim, the expansions and USSEP don't matter). If more than one mod modifies a Navmesh in whiterun, you have a conflict there. I think Elianora specified in his mod page that it isn't compatible with Immersive Citizens because both mods change the navmeshes outside Breezehome. I use both mods anyway, and If I ever find an NPC that doesn't move, I just ignore it, it's no big deal, as long as it doesn't break any quest.

Solved! Solved SOLVED! It was Immersive Citizens all along. Removed it and now no one is standing still no more and people can move freely around that stupid tree. Thanks to all who contributed with their advice! Any suggestions for INI Tweaks I should make before I start playing or mods I should add? I noticed opened helmets for women can sometimes make their hair clip out on top a bit. Anyone knowledgeable how to fix that? Thanks!

Think I solved the clipping hair thing as well by disabling diverse guards and getting a semi open guard helmet mod :). Also leaving Cloaks of Skyrim to be player only since frostfall's stuff seems to clip somewhat with them which winter is coming cloaks don't ( or at least not as obvious ) . Hope this helps other people.