Skyrim Special Edition near perfect mod-list. But two problems persist. Ideas? Help very much appreciated!

Deleted4825434User

I recall solving these problems back in Oldrim but I don't remember how. But since I did just solve the flickering it is not unfix-able, nothing is it just takes time and patience and lots of different people thinking outside of the box. On the topic of NPC's standing still I thank you for your advice. I will look into it to the best of my ability and return. I shall also continue tweaking and re-installing some things to see if it helps. Hope this discussion continues. Any help is greatly appreciated and a big thank you to all of those who contribute.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, about Birds of Skyrim. A few weeks ago I started experiencing a weird bug that only seems to happen in SSE. Many NPCs I found outdoors were standing still or floating upwards. Those who were standing on ground could be pushed away, floating like they had zero gravity. This seems to happen when there are many active actors, their physics are not initialized or something like that. After trying many tweaks that did nothing, I tried uninstalling Birds of Skyrim, and I haven't experienced that problem since then. I guess that mod adds too many actors, that aren't very noticeable, but increase the chance of making NPCs float. Maybe uninstalling it will help with your lazy NPCs in whiterun, although its weird that only happens there. Sounds more like a navmesh problem.

And the "Apply filter for cleaning" is harmless, it doesn't make any changes to the addons, it just checks what objects are overriden by other mods, and recolors the list for better visualization (I think it has other uses, but it's not relevant now). Anyway, xEdit will not commit any changes to the esps unless you tell it to save them. If you messed something up, just close the program and untick all the esps.

Edited by MaxShadow09

Strange, increasing actors solved my stalled npc issue. As for flickering shadows there's no right way to address it-- you'll have to sacrifice something in order to reduce the flickering (key being it'll still flicker regardless).

lastly, if you can't find the "..bias" in your config, then you have to manually add it; if it's not added within the config it's still there, it's just set at default settings.

Thanks guys. Great discussion. Will try removing birds of skyrim and see if that helps and if not I'll try to see what's going on through SSEdit and let you guys know. 3aq what tweak would you suggest for the ini as of now based on my problems? I'm willing to sacrifice a lot to get rid of the immersion breaking flickering.

Will try removing birds of skyrim and see if that helps and if not I'll try to see what's going on through SSEdit and let you guys know.

A word of advice.

When one needs to remove a mod, always create a normal save, not a quicksave, and follow the instructions in the readme of how to uninstall a mod properly and some modders often include instructions of how to uninstall a mod.

After that move your PC to a *safe* location by fast travel and create another normal save, then exit SSE and uninstall the actual mod in question then launch SSE and load the latest normal save then create a new normal save.

So in your case you need to move your PC to an interior cell, maybe to a different city/town/village, just to make sure your PC aren't in the same cell the mod is altering.

Don't worry I always create a whole new game when I remove a mod. I don't remove mods when I have a play through nor do I start playing till all or most of my mods work as intended. Because as long as I create a new game it's fine right?

I see, I didn't assume you actually did that. My mod can be installed or uninstalled as many times you want, becuase it doesn't have scripts and only the map markers will be affected.

I would say that, if you also remove SKSE64 based mods before starting a new game. :smile:

Yeh thanks man. I never trust a save that has had a mod removed mid playthrough so I always take that precautions. A question for you while we wait for Maxshadow and 3aq to reply. Is it normal to CTD if you enable TCL and fly under the world? When stresstesting my game I can run around for forever basically with speedmult 1500 and TCL enabled without crashing but if I fly under the game the game will eventually crash. That is normal I take it? Thank you.