I am in extreme need of help. I've been trying for weeks to make this bastard work properly in the SSE Creation Kit. http://unoffical-elder-scrolls-lore-folios.wikia.com/wiki/Atmora

S

adly, since the ESP goes over 6 Megabytes, it can never be edited again if I exit the CK after saving. I have to build all of Atmora and smoothen the ground under the water along the coastlines, but I can't do it all in one go, it takes too long, so right now, I can't work at it at all. Me and my friend are rapidly going batty over the horribly bad programming of the Creation Kit and the disasterously bad processing capacity it has in this case.

I really badly need someone to build Atmora for me, really badly, or I will likely have to give up on a DLC-sized mod. A massive amount of content is completed and all we need is a landmass, but as long as the CK remains the most crash-prone modding program ever invented, the mod is pretty much scrapped. I dearly hope someone is willing to help. I've tried to get help for 5 years. I'd hate to give up hope and start thinking of most modders as hateful elitists and discriminatory bigots. I don't think this of any yet - except those known and exposed as such, but... uuurgh. As I said. 5 years asking for help, and I only have ONE person helping me since 6 months ago, but he is no builder. I am. But neither of us are that good with the heightmap. And with a modding program that very much hates big files, we're stuck.

Someone please help.

What do you mean it can't be edited again after you save? I've never created a new worldspace so I can't speak to problems along those lines, however the 1 mod I published and the one I am now working on are over 1/2 gb. I don't have too much trouble editing it to death with a good many (exterior) cells. Perhaps you need to reduce the number of cell grids to load: File\Preferences\Misc.

I will say that I did experience a lot of crashes recently when redoing an underwater navmesh. In my case, not spinning around and looking at far off things while navmeshing solved the problem.

Just because a mod author doesn't respond to requests for help, doesn't mean they are hateful elitists. I think you are more likely to get help without that sort of commentary and by asking others to help you solve the problem rather than asking for others to work on your mod to solve the problem for you. Is your own PC the problem? Working on larger mods requires a decent rig.

The CK can't load ESP's past 100-150 mbytes in size. The way forward is turn your Landmass ESP into an ESM, then develop inside slave ESP's parented to your master, then push your edits via Version Control or an xEdit Merge script.

It's how i've been developing my mod for 4 years now.

Edit: I dunno exactly what u mean by "i want someone to build Atmora for me". If your not putting in the work to create the world, what are you doing exactly then?

Edited by Di0nysys

only thing i can think of is use ESM instead of ESP. i had similiar problem with one of my fallout nv mods i am making.

Goodluck with your Mod :)

I don't mean this in any kind of disparaging way, but how is it that you've spent 5 years on the mod and have yet to do the landmass? That would have to be done before you could build any towns, exterior cells, or worldspaces...

I absolutely hear you about the bugginess of the Creation Kit, though - the thing can be a nightmare to work with at times