Motherboard Stuck On Code 62

Motherboard: AsRock Z77 eXtreme11

CPU: Intel i7-3770K (stock speed)

RAM: Kingston 4x4GB KHX Genesis Grey@1600MHz (stock speed)

GPU: AMD MSI RX-470 GamingX 8GB (stock speed)

PSU: Antec HCP Platinum 1000W

Input: Logitech G19 keyboard with Logitech G602 wireless mouse

Been using the above soft- and hardware since February 2013, except for the GPU which was bought in August 2016 and the PSU which was bought medio 2014.

Today (16 March 2016) I updated my GPU drivers to Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.2 and when prompted to reboot I did so, but while my monitor went dark and the lights on my keyboard turned off, my PC's fans kept spinning and the lights on my sound- and video card stayed on.

I waited about a minute and then turned off my computer through the on/off button and turned the computer back on immediately.

It took forever (about a minute in reality) for the post to appear and when it did it took two minutes for the lights on the keyboard to turn on (normally it's around five seconds) while the screen stayed black. Then when the Windows colours appeared I noticed that the rendering was extremely choppy, as if I was lacking in RAM.

I went to prepare breakfast and when I came back to the PC (seven minutes later) the screen was still on the Windows colours screen.

I hit the reboot button on my case and kept an eye on the motherboard and it was then I saw that the board's code was sitting on 62. The boot-up went past post but again got stuck on the Windows colours screen.

I rebooted the PC and when the 62 code appeared I hit the motherboard's "reset" button and the computer booted to desktop normally and without any delays.

But now I have to hit the motherboard's reset button everytime I start the computer.

Thoughts, anybody?

Have you tried setting the bios settings to the default ones?

That's what happens when I hit the motherboard's "reset" button. Nevertheless I have to keep on doing that. It's not the new GPU drivers because it happens even without the AMD software installed. I fear that my motherboard might be running on its last legs.

Getting a new CPU, RAM and mainboard isn't a problem, financially. The problem is I can't find a decent board that has at least 12 sata connectors (the Z77 eXtreme11 has 14) because I have 10 hard drives and two burners.

For the time being, I'll keep my computer running for as long as I can without shutting it down.

Have you tried setting the bios settings to the default ones?

That's what happens when I hit the motherboard's "reset" button. Nevertheless I have to keep on doing that. It's not the new GPU drivers because it happens even without the AMD software installed. I fear that my motherboard might be running on its last legs.

Getting a new CPU, RAM and mainboard isn't a problem, financially. The problem is I can't find a decent board that has at least 12 sata connectors (the Z77 eXtreme11 has 14) because I have 10 hard drives and two burners.

For the time being, I'll keep my computer running for as long as I can without shutting it down.

I'm afraid not, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1949254/reset-button.html

The best way to clear the cmos is the button that clears the cmos on the back of the pc that says clr cmos.

Or pull out the power cord and the little battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes.

Edited by Erik005

Try updating the bios.

There hasn't been a BIOS update in years for this board.

But, I rebooted the PC for the first time in three days and now it went to desktop without a problem and in a timely fashion... go figure.

It might be a small RAM issue, sometimes motherboards have a little trouble booting when you fill all the slots

Those four dimms have been sitting there for five years, so, I can't imagine why this would all of a sudden be an issue.