Sword Request Competition

jaysus

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no artistic abilities, but his is my favorite blade I actually own one of these not a copy an original.

http://www.ccrelics.com/Assets/Product/Ima...08691812211.jpg

this is also a fine blade

http://www.antiquefirearms.com/images/edge/ames72sword17.jpg

here is a katar:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ental_katar.jpg

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritche...atar/katar.html

thx for telling me ;) one never stops learning lol...

but sry your contributions cant be handled in the competition as i clearly stated it has to be some original artwork (and you dont need to be michelangelo to draw a sword... i wont laugh i promise :P)... are these cavalry sabers of the us civil war btw... original ones :blink: ?

but seeing as you own one of these i might give it a go as a normal request once this competition is over but dont take my word for it... summer holidays are coming :P but youre so old i think a few month more waiting wont hurt... xcept you trip over that beard... (dont ban me now for being rude lol... youre the official old guy...)

damn i hate you people who have all these great swords... i want one too!!!! now!!!! will prolly have to get some diving gear and look for the haymower... the mighty magic sword the founding emperor of japan used and which was lost during a tragic sea battle many winters ago... but then!!!

Just my personal favorite! ! !

They are still quite common, you can find them in the strangest places, I got my 1860 ames in a yard sale for the local girl scouts, they thought it was a reproduction, paid 10.00 for it and then put 300.00 in the donation bucket....lol I am that kind of person, still a good price for both. (Civil War)

My 1875, was in a locked foot locker at an estate sale, 7.50, and had a beautiful shoemaker horse bit included and my old horse loves it, the only one he is happy with. (Indian Wars)

Buddah

your horse was in the indian wars? lol it must start smelling yet or rather stopped smelling some decades ago... :P

thats what i love bout america... over here theyd enjail you for buying such a piece not talking bout selling it... a friend had quite some trouble once with it... "selling war mashinery" lol... twas some old school frontloader musket... couldnt kill a bird with it

the only stuff you find here are old nazi documents with little to no interest and allied bombs... one can of course go digging stuff up from ancient times... but as weve seen even then they come for you and take it away... bah...

maybe you should post them over at swordforum.com... theyre quite good at judging weapons and apperantly many "false" originals appeared some time ago... but maybe youre rich yet :)

this one do mate?

Jack Sparrow

Well, what can be said? the criteria is all about being (or not being in that or such game) "original" but what we see in the anime like productions are the very examples such weapons mustn't be. Strange is only they come by the minds that designed one the most pre-gunpowder killer machine that is the katana.

At same level as an efficient war weapon is the scimitar, like this one in the picture. This baby is a lighter model of the ones meant as a response against heavily armored knights, where the katana is all about balance, speed and fine slicing, the scimitar have a little more mass at the point, sacrificing some balance and speed for more "punch". Each weapon is designed to be efficient in what they are meant, the katar is the weapon of the assassin and so on... this is fine... but...

What I have seen in the "fantastic" designs at the anime and game world give me nothing more than laughing crisis :) some must be so good as a weapon as a 20kg boulder and almost so easy to use as that boulder. Another would be better used as a harpoon to hunt leviatan (stab a troll with such and you are stuck for good at it, being easy target to the others). But none is greater in this criteria like one I saw once that I think would be better used as a diapason for some divine harp... or would just be the prototype of the vibro-sword? don't know...

Archived