⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Sword Request Competition

jaysus

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol the wip pic is better than what i have now lol... errors over errors... dupilicated faces, polygons, vertices and so on... horrible max i hate yu!!!

@armors... mmh... the annoying thing about them is that they need skingweighting (how they respond to the skeleton moving)... look into this too if you intend on doing armor

@nami

i didnt understand why your handle is as wide as the blade in the last sketch... the paint pics are ok tho

Guest KillMeTwice
I decided to draw a sword too :P Not very good lookin'... but hey Its a cutlass! Or i think it is... looks a little weird but i think its still a cutlass :P

I decided to draw a sword too :P Not very good lookin'... but hey Its a cutlass! Or i think it is... looks a little weird but i think its still a cutlass :P

Looks deadric... i like it!

@Jaysus: Ah... i didnt include the handle, the peice at the bottem is decoration... but if u need an idea. of its scale, the base of the blade itself is about 5 or 6 inches, the handle should only, be like 1 or 2 inches. Thats wide of course. I say just wing it if you make the sword, i really dont care how the handle turns out as long as the blade and decoritive peice look fairly simialer...

so far so good :) (think ill play with the textures a bit tho)

next one...

btw exodus you didnt win youre just the first :P

who knows what else will come and there are some really nice concepts yet... they just need some polishing

By the way, that looks absolutely identical to the original drawing. Are you just a 3ds Max god, or do you have some way of making the whole process easier? Because if you do, I would love to know. The only sword I have ever made (Ganondorf's Sword, find it on the Nexus) took for-FREAKIN'-ever. At least, by my standards. Wait, I hadn't modelled before, so I had no standards. :huh: Okay, now back on topic. What's your secret? Inquiring minds want to know!

Archived