Modder to Developer - TheModernStoryteller

Pickysaurus

Always fascinating to get the unvarnished reality of what it takes to go from creating a mod (The Forgotten City is a great mod and highly recommended) to something even bigger; Game Developer. I wish you nothing but success. I can only imagine your Law degree has some benefits to creating your own Game Development company. Great interview.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations !! I played The Forgotten City and it is the only major mod that runs smooth within the game, with a great story, short by the way, but solid in the way it does perform, no crashes, no hassles at all and well designed.

I think this team will come up with something very good in the years to come. I do also hope that they do not come up with some online oriented game and stay put in an offline games that can be modded at the same time.

In response to post #61522052.

sopmac45 wrote: Congratulations !! I played The Forgotten City and it is the only major mod that runs smooth within the game, with a great story, short by the way, but solid in the way it does perform, no crashes, no hassles at all and well designed.
I think this team will come up with something very good in the years to come. I do also hope that they do not come up with some online oriented game and stay put in an offline games that can be modded at the same time.

Thank you! :-)

In response to post #61521952.

jacoboriley wrote: Always fascinating to get the unvarnished reality of what it takes to go from creating a mod (The Forgotten City is a great mod and highly recommended) to something even bigger; Game Developer. I wish you nothing but success. I can only imagine your Law degree has some benefits to creating your own Game Development company. Great interview.

Thanks Jacob. Yes, the law degree has helped in lots of unexpected ways!

In response to post #61521907.

DaedalusMachina007 wrote: Amazing! ^_^
Those who make the leap from modding to game development give me hope for the future.
Tip of the hat to you and well-deserved respect for your remarkable marketing skills and sheer talent in wearing so many hats! ^_^

If you need to crowdfund then I'd recommend doing so while there's still buzz around your game since 'oops we ran out of money' may not be a good thing to hear about later and grant providers are not keen on additional funds :P

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind.

In response to post #61521112.

AugustiusV wrote:

Becoming a successful modder in the first place requires passion, dedication, and grit. If one can take those virtues to the professional world of gaming development, I have no doubt that they can release a masterpiece video game. Many fans today look for developers who still pour their hearts into their games, as opposed to faceless profit-first game production. The technology available today, which is continuously improving is simply too good for the latter now. We need many more people to follow in the footsteps of the interviewed in order to create the next golden age of gaming.

Thanks, and I hope you're right! :-)

In response to post #61514557. #61516192 is also a reply to the same post.

fftfan wrote: This guy is incredible, maybe he could be the one to create the next big Australian game dev? Don't know how I've missed this mod all these years. "Story like Inception" is none other than exactly my kind of thing! Now I regret not watching the PC conference at E3(I'd only tuned in for Bethesda & Nintendo).
Jinxxed0 wrote: This is one of the best quest mods you'll ever play. It's the best period as far as I'm concerned. I recommend it every chance I get

Oh, you! :-)