Ok, first, the screenshots look all right. I am a sniper + VATS-fu shooter. So I know how painful it is to look at bad distance graphic with high powered scope. Wow, 1080Ti with 11Gb ... I bet you can handle FO4 at 4k.

Nothing in the mod list jumped out at me as messing with your LOD

Do you have this mod?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20713/

I also notice you have uGridsToLoad=10. I personally try not to mess with uGrid, tend to cause a lot of problems.

Check out this post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3s998b/ugridstoload7_seems_to_work_good/

It appears he setup for uGrid to load at 7 and worked fine. But this is also 2 years ago. Not sure what changed. You can try though, just don't save to your old save in case bad things happen.

Currently I haven't got back to FO4. Got a new computer and only started with Skyrim. FO4 is installed but not yet setup. I just found out MO2 (mod organizer 2) allows portable mod installation, so I will setup FO4 soon and not losing my mod setup.

Problem is that's a short range scope. I only started raising the ugrids because of this problem - for the majority of the game it was set to 5.
The main issue is the meshes. Textures are fine, but that huge gap there is THROUGH the terrain. There should be a river wall there, not an open area.
I'll try that mod. Hopefully, it'll fix it. Stay tuned for more.

PS: It can, but not without dropping below 60fps. I'm a sucker for that smooth framerate.

PSS: Here's some more screencaps, this time from up high so you can see there is a definite border to my LOD distance. https://imgur.com/a/GK21mFr

Edited by Mintyfreshtea

Update: I tried resetting all the inis, then slowly boosting them, but nothing helped. But what I *DID* find was a huge black chunk of glitched textures just beyond the border of that ugrid, in the nearby small harbour.
I think what might be happening is my game is loading any ugrid outside of my current one at ultra potato, instead of level 1 or 2 or whatever.
Is there a way to tweak that, and make the game generate nearby ugrids with, y'know, at least somewhat correct meshes?
I do strongly recommend you check out the spot I'm standing at in game, so you can see the distance I'm dealing with.

Thank you to everyone that's helping me fix this problem. I work long shifts, and for some reason Fallout is one of the few things that helps bring me down. It means the world to me that you're all helping me deal with this issue.

BIG UPDATE: OKAY. So, I might have got a little closer. I've raised the ugrids to 9, which fully renders the ship at an acceptable distance. Object distance detail is turned up, so, for now it looks alright. Except now my framerate is CHUGGING. I'm getting barely 30fps, and on a 1080ti that really isn't super. Is there anything anyone knows that can help focus more power on the game, or maybe some setting I can tweak? It'd be much appreciated. I'll keep ramping things down, and hopefully I will get somewhere I want to be.

Edited by Mintyfreshtea

UPDATE: I GIVE UP.

That's it! I've spent over 50 hours trying to fix this issue alone, and honestly, that's way more than I should have. I've tried too many things, and I'm done. There's no fixing this object detail issue without boosting ugrids and murdering my PC. Please flag for deletion. Thanks to everyone that tried to help.