System Slowdown after logging into certain sites

Fkemman11

Not sure what is going on, but, when I log into certain sites my system and games seem to lag some. Doesn't happen when I log in here or most others, just on some. For instance, when I log into Loverslab and then close it out and try to play a game- I have a big drop in frame rate and my system seems to run slower overall. Not only that, my anti-virus gets triggered there once in awhile as well. I pulled up my task manager today to see if something was running and slowing me down and I found nothing. Could this have something to do with bugs in their new system or something? Does anyone else experience this?

Not exactly, but I did experience something slightly similar. I had left Firefox open on Youtube, as I was waiting to buffer a large video on my stone age connection.

I noticed after a short while that there was an abrupt increase in RAM usage by Firefox in the Task Manager window, which I always have open. I immediately smelled a rat and closed the application via the task manager, after which I promptly did an antivirus scan which came up with nothing. This memory usage was off the charts - about 12GB of RAM. I use NoScript and AdBlocker, so I'm sure no malware was responsible. I can't help but wonder though.

Hmmm....that is strange. Would be nice to have a computer programmer try and explain this. I'd ask the only person I know, but, he doesn't like giving answers for free- which I totally understand btw.

• 5 weeks later...

more and more sites are starting to cripto-mine through you. While you visiting their website they are using your computer to do the mining. Great example (and i think super smart) couch tuner. Watch any episodes and while you watching they mine. When i watch on my laptop my battery does not last even 40 min per episode. I can watch two full movies on netflix without charging my battery.

• 4 weeks later...