Project Spotlight: Fallout New California

BigBizkit

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811 are all replies on the same post.

AfroGamerNinja wrote: With this, Fallout Miami and New Vegas on Fallout 4, who needs Fallout 76?
Rrezz wrote: Anyone who want's to play Fallout 76 -.-
Beerbeer007 wrote: Fallout 76 will become a commercial failure due to market society's interest focused on the shareholders of Zenimax & Bethesda.

Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be an MMO a la ESO anyway? If that's the case, I will likely pass on Fallout 76. Never have been a fan of MMOs due to all the trolls/bots. At any rate, what are the actual requirements to play Fallout New California? I have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for PC & from what I've heard, there are teams of modders tackling the porting of Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine a la Morrowind (Skywind)/Oblivion (Skyblivion) on the Elder Scrolls side. Edited by ff7legend

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036 are all replies on the same post.

AfroGamerNinja wrote: With this, Fallout Miami and New Vegas on Fallout 4, who needs Fallout 76?
Beerbeer007 wrote: Fallout 76 will become a commercial failure due to market society's interest focused on the shareholders of Zenimax & Bethesda.
ff7legend wrote: Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be an MMO a la ESO anyway? If that's the case, I will likely pass on Fallout 76. Never have been a fan of MMOs due to all the trolls/bots. At any rate, what are the actual requirements to play Fallout New California? I have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for PC & from what I've heard, there are teams of modders tackling the porting of Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine a la Morrowind (Skywind)/Oblivion (Skyblivion) on the Elder Scrolls side.

And The Frontier AAAAnd Cascadia

@Thaiauxn - If this is your personal attitude and developmental approach towards the gaming community, you and your team are welcome to my wallet (IE I will pay to play your games). The era of publishers is dead--You're right. I too support what I want to exist, not to appease shareholders in purely financial corporate matters.

TLDR:

Shut up and take my money. ;D

Edited by silencer711

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote: Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be an MMO a la ESO anyway? If that's the case, I will likely pass on Fallout 76. Never have been a fan of MMOs due to all the trolls/bots. At any rate, what are the actual requirements to play Fallout New California? I have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for PC & from what I've heard, there are teams of modders tackling the porting of Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine a la Morrowind (Skywind)/Oblivion (Skyblivion) on the Elder Scrolls side.
FakeXR wrote: And The Frontier AAAAnd Cascadia

Exactly my thoughts 76 is just a cash cow...

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841 are all replies on the same post.

KimHD22 wrote: Exactly my thoughts 76 is just a cash cow...

Someone recently made a good point on Reddit about Fallout 76 being an experiment that could ruin SP Bethesda games for good. If it's successful then we can kiss goodbye to future SP focused Bethesda games, they'll pretend they never said single player is their primary focus and FO5 and TES6 will require you to play with other people for a majority of the games content.

I can see it now, you stumble upon a large & impressive looking building that looks ripe for the plunder, you activate the door only for a message to unimmersively plaster itself onto your screen. "This instance requires the XYZ PACK for only £2.99! and at least 5 players or more to visit, purchase this pack and join matchmaking now?".
Edited by GeneralJohn

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841, #63228141 are all replies on the same post.

GeneralJohn wrote: Someone recently made a good point on Reddit about Fallout 76 being an experiment that could ruin SP Bethesda games for good. If it's successful then we can kiss goodbye to future SP focused Bethesda games, they'll pretend they never said single player is their primary focus and FO5 and TES6 will require you to play with other people for a majority of the games content.

I can see it now, you stumble upon a large & impressive looking building that looks ripe for the plunder, you activate the door only for a message to unimmersively plaster itself onto your screen. "This instance requires the XYZ PACK for only £2.99! and at least 5 players or more to visit, purchase this pack and join matchmaking now?".

If they ever did that which I doubt but on the 'what if'. I'd say they go bankrupt super fast lol because once people read articles and see gameplay of that happening. Say goodbye to all future sales.

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841, #63228141, #63232081 are all replies on the same post.

GeneralJohn wrote: Someone recently made a good point on Reddit about Fallout 76 being an experiment that could ruin SP Bethesda games for good. If it's successful then we can kiss goodbye to future SP focused Bethesda games, they'll pretend they never said single player is their primary focus and FO5 and TES6 will require you to play with other people for a majority of the games content.

FreedomFighter4 wrote: If they ever did that which I doubt but on the 'what if'. I'd say they go bankrupt super fast lol because once people read articles and see gameplay of that happening. Say goodbye to all future sales.

If Cashgrab 76 is a free to play game I might spend a few hours on it just to see all the new art assets. As a commercial product? No way in heck.

I may care more about gameplay/exploration more than story (which is why I actually prefer Bethesda take over the original Black Isle/Obsidian take on the Fallout franchise), but I still want there to be a story as a foundation to immerse into the world. A pure toybox approach like Goat Simulator is just not something that'll keep my interest for long. Edited by qinlongfei