Lifetime premium user here.

Getting download speeds of 80-90kb/s through CDN, and around 300kbs through premium servers.

!!!IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

These downloads are only slow on files 1GB or bigger.

I can download files under that at around 11mb/s without issue

Additionally, it seems that when you try to download multiple 1GB files (using different servers for each download, (CDN, Chicago Prem, Los Prem, etc) -- It keeps the upper limit of 300kb/s, but splits the total speed between all files. 2 files = 150kb/s each, 4 files = 75kb/s each, etc.

I don't want to go out and yell "It's throttling!" but the behavior of dividing the 300/kbs cap evenly among as many files as you download per IP address... and the fact it only occurs when downloading files bigger than 1GB...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually rediculous. Nexus is throttling me hardout and worse when a download crashes I have to start it again with and without the NMM because it considers the download "Canceled" when it is clearly an error.

I remember years ago Nexus was a great place. Should never of supported such a widge range of games, should of kept to traditional Elder Scrolls and Fallout mods because then speeds were fine.

Im now crawling with the speed of 0kb/s - 24kb/s

great :sleep:

Pinging files.nexus-cdn.com [185.180.13.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 185.180.13.131: bytes=32 time=209ms TTL=57
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 185.180.13.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 209ms, Maximum = 209ms, Average = 209ms
Edited by chidendaytaimod

Same thing for me. I'm hovering at 100KB/s and a bit more if I go through Mod Organizer but the download never finishes through there (Tried twice and it failed both times so now I'm trying through the browser).

Pinging files.nexus-cdn.com [185.246.209.245] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 185.246.209.245: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=55
Request timed out.
Reply from 185.246.209.245: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55
Reply from 185.246.209.245: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 185.246.209.245:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 12ms

Well, I can't even download some mods. Trying to download the script merger mod for example for Witcher 3. I'm getting the following message: "it takes too long for supporter-files.nexus-cdn.com to respond" (something along those lines, it's in my native language, Dutch).

Tried to use the command prompt "ping files.nexus-cdn.com". Getting 100% packet loss. When I for example ping google.com, I'm getting 0% loss. So anyone know a solution to this?

I also looked at the URL from which I'm downloading (I can download the unification patch mod for Witcher 3, but that's below 200 kb in size): https://cf-files.nexusmods.com/cdn/952/2134/Unification%20patch%20for%201.31%20and%201.31GOTY%20game%20versions-2134-1-1.7z?md5=BKazkDYXSFAleGzTcDknlg&expires=1567263352&user_id=4087495&rip=94.213.141.238.

Is this good, is this bad? I have absolutely no idea.

To be clear, I never, never had this issue before.

Edited by alexander1685

This is actually rediculous. Nexus is throttling me hardout and worse when a download crashes I have to start it again with and without the NMM because it considers the download "Canceled" when it is clearly an error.

I remember years ago Nexus was a great place. Should never of supported such a widge range of games, should of kept to traditional Elder Scrolls and Fallout mods because then speeds were fine.

I have found that Premium is super fast for files up to several hundred MB, but once the file exceeds a certain size, the speed is dreadful. I really hope this issue gets addressed because it is the big files that make paying for the improved speed worthwhile.

I have found that Premium is super fast for files up to several hundred MB, but once the file exceeds a certain size, the speed is dreadful. I really hope this issue gets addressed because it is the big files that make paying for the improved speed worthwhile.

Yes. Anything above 1GB right now on my end results in ridiculously low speeds. I have a business line I use (900Mbps down, 400 up) and anything under 1GB gets downloaded virtually instantaneously. But as soon as it starts to download a file larger than 1GB, the speed will not progress above 500KB/s AT BEST.

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted2027229

Anyone got bad upload speeds? It's just taken me an hour to upload 60mb worth of data... the file itself is over 1gb.. cancelled out of frustration. How can I determine what the upload speed is when uploading a mod file?