Missing .esm's while following modding guide

anghellic1666

So, because the ESMs are greyed out they're missing?

One thing you didn't mention if you did it or not.
After you use Xedit to make a merged Patch, you should open it up and delete the Leveled Lists Section (LeveledItem, LeveledNPC etc) in the Merged Patch, because they will be created in the Bashed Patch instead, you don't want merged Leveled Lists in the Merge Patch AND the Bashed Patch.

Also, why not just run the game from WryeBash instead?

I used WryeBash and NMM together for my SSE install.

I used NMM to download and install, and used Wryebasdh to manage (and LOCK) my load order, and launch SKSE64 and the Game.
You can run all the tools you need from the WryeBash interface by just dragging the shortcuts to the tools to the MOPY\Apps folder.
Then the next time you open WryeBash, all of the App icons will be down in the bottom tool bar.
Otherwise, NMM and WryeBah are going to fight over the load order, that's why, once I got the load order set, I locked it in WryeBash, and made sure not to open both at once, because switching from window tto window would give me the "Load order has changed" in Wrye Bash.

Is any of this similar to anything you might have done with your install?

Does any of this sound similar to anything you might have done with your install?

Skyrim.esm is Missing (Special Edition) #160

Not sure if I'm the only one that's had this.

The conditions to recreate:

1 - Install Skyrim on a secondary HDD (not C:)
2 - Move the Skyrim folder into a parent folder on the same drive or rename the Skyrim folder
3 - Launch NMM

Expected Result: NMM cannot detect the install, rescans and works from there
Actual Result: NMM rescans for the install and finds it, but upon trying to launch NMM for Special Edition it will say "Skyrim.esm not found"

Are NMM and the game installed on the same Drive, or Did you move the installation of Skyrim after having NMM scan for it etc?

It would seem that's why they're greyed out.

In the Merged patch in SSEEdit, the only thing in it is something called file header, no leveled list or leveled npc. NMM launches all the tools too, I've only been launching it from there because I was trying to follow Audiodef's guide perfectly because he says it works for him, all the same programs and whatnot.

It would seem that's why they're greyed out.

In the Merged patch in SSEEdit, the only thing in it is something called file header, no leveled list or leveled npc. NMM launches all the tools too, I've only been launching it from there because I was trying to follow Audiodef's guide perfectly because he says it works for him, all the same programs and whatnot.

Did you click on the + sign next to the Merged Patch to expand it to see the contents, there's NOTHING in it?

It doesn't look like this? it only has File Header and NOTHING more?

If the only thing in your Merged patch is FILE HEADER, then you're not making a Merged Patch correctly.

b850808b1c4b1fbf31c1d62cac30f3f4.jpg

I'm not sure what i did in the first place to mess it up but i just went through and deleted the merged patch, recreated a new patch, but this time before closing out of SSEEdit I right clicked on merged patch and selected clean masters then went back to Wrye Bash and rebuilt a bash patch now the game launches with my mods and everything. Problem is I got it to work before and then I installed the textures section and that's when the .esm's came up missing in the first place. So I'm going to continue on and see if I get stuck at that point again.

Everything I have downloaded, SSEEdit, NMM, Steam, SSE; they're all in my C:) drive

But yes, the only thing is file header. I will delete the merge patch again and take screenshots of the process here in a bit. I was pretty sure I included the merging process in the previous screenshots but I will do it again with just the merging section.

Only having FILE HEADER in the patch means it's EMPTY.

Also, Why are you cleaning the Masters from the merged patch?

You should never Clean Masters from the Merged Patch, you're destroying all of the references.

I don't see anything in the guide about CLEANING Masters.

Also I just read on reddit a merging and patching guide that says if there's nothing in the folder other than file header it means that SSEEdit has seen no needed edits and just created a blank merged patch. I've only installed the first 10 mods that effect the beginning of the game, none of them add items or npc's so maybe that's why leveled lists and items aren't there?