Vortex cannot find NMM

DexyChicken

Which game? The original report here was caused by Vortex looking for the wrong game id (internal), a similar bug could also affect different games.

Are you sure you're managing (inside Vortex) the game that you're trying to import? (import always happens for only one game at a time and when you have, say, new vegas active inside Vortex you can only import new vegas mods from NMM)

Unless the current NMM maintainers have changed anything in the file formats, Vortex should be able to import from any NMM version 0.63 and newer (>=), not just that exact version.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed Vortex today from the Nexus. I have (up until now) used NMM v.63.14 exclusively with Skyrim SE (that's the only game I play with NMM v63.14). I followed the directions to visit the GAMES tab in Vortex, hovering over Skyrim SE (which it had found) and clicking Manage. After a wait, Vortex unfroze and Skyrim SE appears under the MANAGED tab under GAMES. Following the instructions to access the import tool, I went to the MODS section, selected Import From NMM in the ribbon at the top. The Import Tool window appeared just as pictured in the previous post in this thread, with the red text "NO NMM INSTALL FOUND WITH MODS FOR THIS GAME. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY NMM >= 0.63 IS SUPPORTED".

From this help documentation https://help.nexusmods.com/article/82-migrating-to-vortex-from-another-mod-manager it would seem that the Import Tool window should provide a way to direct Vortex to the location of NMM as an assist, but this feature either has not made it into Vortex yet (documentation is ahead of the tool), or else this feature was in a prior release of Vortex and has since been removed (documentation at link is outdated). In any case, it seems Vortex is not able to find NMM for some installations even if the user has already added the game for which NMM is being used and has set it to manage that game.

Edited by Jmee

• 3 weeks later...

Same here It can not find my Skyrim VR NMM files. The import does not give the option to choose location. I see the MO import does which does not help me.

Whats odd is it does list a bunch of ESP files in the plugins tab

Edited by peteoBOS

Alright so I think I found a more brute force way to transfer mods (regarding Fallout 4). So, I went to the place where NMM dropped the zip files, 7zip files etc after it downloaded them, then I took those and dragged them into the Vortex program itself. Go to the Mods tab on the left, click on it, then it will show your list of mods with a "Drop Here" option at the bottom. Literally drag those files into that space and it will seemingly re-gather them through Vortex and make them install-able. I'm just going through the process right now so if it works or not I'll come back and mention it, but so far one of them has successfully installed as a test. We'll see how it goes.

• 8 months later...

Original topic says, Vortex does not find NMM, same here. Vortex gives me an automatic path to NMM that is WRONG, and there is no way to change the path inside Vortex.

This implies your NMM install is so corrupt that Vortex can't identify it properly, I'm afraid.

Some of us recommend almost anything other than importing mods from NMM. It will always be problematic.

My recommendation:

1) Uninstall all mods from NMM. Don't run it again for this game.

2) Clean your game directory. Remove all NMM left-over pieces and manually installed mods.

3) Have Steam validate your game.

4) Manually install any script extenders that go in the game directory.

5) Drag all your mod archives (zip files, etc as downloaded) to the Vortex "Drop files here" area.

6) Install them all (Ctl A works)

7) Enable the ones you want to use in this profile (Use profiles - they are good for your game health)

8) Run your game