Clicking the lightning bolt to solve mod conflicts does nothing

bombchu

As the title states, clicking the icon to solve conflicts does nothing. I can still right click and choose each file override individually, but it doesn't get rid of the conflict notification and I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything at all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Are you referring to the lightning bolt icon in the dependencies column of the mods page, or are you referring to a message that appears on the right-hand side of the taskbar? In regard to the former, does the lightning bolt icon turn from red to green once you select an override option?

The former, and no it doesn't. The bolt has no function for me. Clicking it does nothing, and it does not turn green even if I right click the mod and select "manage file conflicts".

Never had that problem before to be honest, never had to restart Vortex because the red bolt did not turn green after setting up my rule.

To the OP, you should let the dev team knows via feedback in Vortex. Click on the 3 vertical dots located on the right top corner and open the feedback section and go from there.

@bombchu

Hi there,

I was able to replicate your issue.

Do you perchance have a file conflict between "FNIS Data" and "Fores New idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE - FNIS Behavior SE 7_4_5"?

If you have those but also other mods with conflicts (other mods with lightning bolts): Could you please restart Vortex and then click on one of the lightning bolts for other mods than the FNIS mods and see if it works for those? To be clear: it is relevant that you do not click on the lightning bolts for the FNIS mods after restarting, click a different lightning bolt for a different mod and see if it works, please.

@bombchu

Hi there,

I was able to replicate your issue.

Do you perchance have a file conflict between "FNIS Data" and "Fores New idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE - FNIS Behavior SE 7_4_5"?

If you have those but also other mods with conflicts (other mods with lightning bolts): Could you please restart Vortex and then click on one of the lightning bolts for other mods than the FNIS mods and see if it works for those? To be clear: it is relevant that you do not click on the lightning bolts for the FNIS mods after restarting, click a different lightning bolt for a different mod and see if it works, please.

You're spot on! I was able to resolve all of my conflicts (aside from the ones involving FNIS) if I didn't click on any of the FNIS conflicts. Also, I realized while doing it that the issue arose after installing M'rissi (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9666), which included a FNIS patch, which of course created a FNIS conflict. I don't know how relevant that is, but I figured it was worth mentioning.