[LE] Knowledge Help with Model Conversion to Nif Pieces?

Devaxus

Perhaps it was italics and not bold, I could be misremembering that, if it's an instance do make it unique.

Not sure what you have going on in there, I'd play with the bones around there and see what effect that has.

question?.... doesn't the skeleton go back to its default pose during export? like when you actually go to export doesn't it return to its normal pose right before the export process happens?

also tried a different approach to this by focusing on part of the armor at a time got as far as adding the modifiers and such from nightasy's tutorial #7 but when I went to export and overwrite the nif file I keep getting this error:

VJVlNg0.jpg

Edited by Devaxus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed don't select everything but instead skin wrap one by one the pieces. That would explain the instancing error.

In the process I explained you wouldn't export it in that pose but instead animate it back to the vanilla pose (to be safe here I'd duplicate and collapse one skin modifier so the underlying geometry is fixed to the vanilla pose, then untick and retick "always deform" on the remaining skin modifier so that it updates properly, going by memory but something like that is what I did) so that the armor is now in skyrim pose and then proceed normally from there.

That error isn't very informative, ahrd to tell. If you want you could send me the max file and I could give it a look. That's 3dmax 2013?

Edited by FrankFamily

Yeah, send me the scene, if you can save it as a previous version in "Save As" that would be great. Not sure if it will let you go as back as 2013. If not then just send me that I also have 2018 installed but I'm used to 2013.

Yeah, send me the scene, if you can save it as a previous version in "Save As" that would be great. Not sure if it will let you go as back as 2013. If not then just send me that I also have 2018 installed but I'm used to 2013.

ok sent two files to your inbox.

Edited by Devaxus