[LE] Knowledge Help with Model Conversion to Nif Pieces?

Devaxus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to move the bones stretching them a bit, push the hand bone a bit more into the hand and then get the finger bones as close as possible. Note the finger bones don't reach all the way to the tip of the fingers, they end at the last joint controlling the last phalanx, so they might not be as short as they seem.

qyi3fh1es0zgxw2zg.jpg

in my previous screen...i realized after I took it, I had been using the female skeleton instead of the male one lol

ok how does this look so far?

8WJzLpN.jpg

Looks fairly good, you should now be able to skin it in that pose and then animate it back to skyrim's. Generally skin wrap to vanilla body with the following settings is a good start:

vertex deformation

Fallof: 0,1

Distance influence: 1,2

the other thing: 3

Looks fairly good, you should now be able to skin it in that pose and then animate it back to skyrim's. Generally skin wrap to vanilla body with the following settings is a good start:

vertex deformation

Fallof: 0,1

Distance influence: 1,2

the other thing: 3

yeah I tried the skin wrap thing prior to adjusting the bones (was trying to wrap it to the vanilla body and see if it would force it into the pose I need) and when I clicked convert to skin it gave me and "instancing is not available for this option" so ill try again

KyGnWz8.jpg

thats what it gave me

Edited by Devaxus

Not sure what that implies, you perhaps copied your object as an instance of another? If the text in the modifier stack is in bold then it's an instance, try right click> make unique.

Edited by FrankFamily

Not sure what that implies, you perhaps copied your object as an instance of another? If the text in the modifier stack is in bold then it's an instance, try right click> make unique.

nothing is in bold. only thing with the text is its "italicized"

Perhaps it was italics and not bold, I could be misremembering that, if it's an instance do make it unique.

Not sure what you have going on in there, I'd play with the bones around there and see what effect that has.

I did...to no avail I couldnt get the legs back to normal...may have something to do with moving the leg bones individually instead of rotating them. Also I couldnt seem to get the fingers or the lower arms straight enough to fit the gloves properly. As for the instancing....would trying to skin wrap with the whole suit selected be whats causing that error?