Archive Damaged?

justanotherlongknight

• 3 weeks later...

After yesterday update of Vortex, all files downloaded with it shows CRC error in archive.

Solution: Manual download and dropping onto Vortex works fine.

There was not an update to Vortex yesterday. Please try using 1.2.20 that came out a few hours ago.

• 4 weeks later...

In case someone comes looking for the solution, for me it was because I installed Vortex on a drive that wasn't default, so I had to go into settings and set my mod download path to my new drive where the steam library was.

In case someone comes looking for the solution, for me it was because I installed Vortex on a drive that wasn't default, so I had to go into settings and set my mod download path to my new drive where the steam library was.

I seldom have to correct so many things in one sentence.

1) Vortex does not need to be installed on the default drive or default location. It works fine anywhere.

2) Mod download path does not need to be set to the drive containing the steam library. I have Steam games on a half dozen drives, and all Downloads go to an unrelated drive.

3) The Mod staging folder does have to be on the same drive as the Steam game. Hard Link requirement. The staging folder is shared between games on that drive.

If you have problems with any of those statements, open your own incident and we will work through it.

Edited by rmm200

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Solution: its because you probably have a vpn on, I have the same problem before. I realized my VPN constantly cuts off for like .2 seconds every now and then. In multiplayer games and torrenting, it resumes automatically and you don't notice it, but I noticed when I download stuff from browser I need to watch it so I can click resume when the download stops constantly. This constant stop and go created archive error when I was downloading big mods that took more than 20 minutes. I turned off my vpn and now they're all fully downloaded with no errors.