bugs archive damaged install

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ashford13

Ashford13

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

i doubt anyone will see this now, but what i did was open vortex, go to settings, then downloads, then fix now

vladp6

vladp6

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

After yesterday update of Vortex, all files downloaded with it shows CRC error in archive.

Solution: Manual download and dropping onto Vortex works fine.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 13,014 posts

After yesterday update of Vortex, all files downloaded with it shows CRC error in archive.

Solution: Manual download and dropping onto Vortex works fine.

There was not an update to Vortex yesterday. Please try using 1.2.20 that came out a few hours ago. 

Ralena

Ralena

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In case someone comes looking for the solution, for me it was because I installed Vortex on a drive that wasn't default, so I had to go into settings and set my mod download path to my new drive where the steam library was.

rmm200

rmm200

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

In case someone comes looking for the solution, for me it was because I installed Vortex on a drive that wasn't default, so I had to go into settings and set my mod download path to my new drive where the steam library was.

I seldom have to correct so many things in one sentence.

1) Vortex does not need to be installed on the default drive or default location. It works fine anywhere.

2) Mod download path does not need to be set to the drive containing the steam library. I have Steam games on a half dozen drives, and all Downloads go to an unrelated drive.

3) The Mod staging folder does have to be on the same drive as the Steam game. Hard Link requirement. The staging folder is shared between games on that drive.

If you have problems with any of those statements, open your own incident and we will work through it.

Edited by rmm200, 22 August 2020 - 03:58 AM.

BladeRunin

BladeRunin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I just had the same issue and what I found out was that my firewall was blocking 7zip within Vortex from working correctly.  I set my firewall to allow it to work and now Vortex works just fine.  lol, this was aggravating but I'm glad I figured it out!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bugs, archive, damaged, install

Page loaded in: 1.091 seconds