Not able to log in to Nexus anymore

Mortadella

Hi,

somehow i got automatically logged out from Nexus.
Now i can't log in anymore, because of the "recapture 2" wall.
It's unable to be solved, because i use google chrome, it's a known bug.
Will this be removed again? I'm not willing to use the Win10 explorer..

Any help is apprciated too!

thanks.

I don't know what you mean by "It's a known bug"? 70% of our users use Google Chrome to login to Nexus Mods, so I don't think there's a bug with Chrome and reCaptcha.

Whatever issue you're having is likely on your end.

I don't know what you mean by "It's a known bug"? 70% of our users use Google Chrome to login to Nexus Mods, so I don't think there's a bug with Chrome and reCaptcha.

Whatever issue you're having is likely on your end.

Hi and thy for reply,

no i googled a long time for it.

I found out, that recaptcha can stuck in a endless loop with Chrome, no plugin fault too.

If you often have to solve a recaptcha, it will need more tries every time trying to solve it, because the host site, will mark you as bot/spam.

In my case now, chrome is in a total loop, it only tells me to choose the traffic lights, even to i do it 110% right, it dismisses and then there are ~6 attempts, where i have to click "next".

After that again it's traffic lights to solve and of course, it's unsolvable again. This does not end.

Because of the massivly often forced to click "next" problem, recaptcha does save something to a spam controle, i did not understand it. But there was a site, where you can check your ip if it's affected.

Out of i guess like 50 emails they get checked for this spam controle, i had 1 saying my ip would spam. Thats the reason, recaptcha does not let me solve it. Even to my ip changes every 24h or when i disconnect my router.

Developers are aware of this problem with Chrome, they stated in reddit, but atm there is no work around.

And as i said, with for example Microsoft Edge, i solve every captcha first time. Why even did you guys use now recaptcha for the login?

I hope this is somehow understandable :laugh:

Update:

While i typed this wall of text, a friend told me to try ctrl+shift+n for incognito mode, worked like a charm!

If anyone else ever is affected from this problem too :)

Edited by Mortadella