Skyrim (not SE) FNIS not getting mods

chmilk

I have moved my mods directory, and FNIS won't get my animations from OSA

FNIS Error:

ERROR(2014): Target folder for File Redirection not specified or does not exist: . FNIS.ini wrong or missing. See FNIS Description > FNIS Vortex/MO support (profiles), FNIS.ini.

I believe this to be a vortex error, b/c the file redirection option is not working. When I deselect it FNIS complies fine.

Have you tried reinstalling FNIS (I'm assuming it's installed via Vortex)

Yes, I reinstalled it twice, and also tried to manually install it to no success.

One question (since I don't know Vortex): who is responsible to create the FNIS.ini? Vortex, or the user? Because that one is missing, and it is NOT part of the installed files. The user (or Vortex?) is responsible for creating it. And in particular the proper entry for the FileRedirection folder.

SOLVED: You have to make Vortex use the Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users version file NOT the one from the vortex mods folder. The one in your Vortex dir is inactive and will not work.

Alternatively (what I did), you can run the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe inside of Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users when you download FNIS mods.