How do you discover item IDs using the console?

darkdill

ingame put your mod items into a container or companion. open console select container or companion and type ShowInventory. and it should show the IDs of the items

• 8 months later...

GECK/FNVEdit or if you have the object already, and are using NVSE, drop it on the ground, open the console, click the item, and type gbo in the console to get the base object.

So... if you don't have the object in-game, you basically can't?

actually there was a way that was implemented for the game, but the feature is broken.

the command is called "Search"

How it was intended to be used: Search <term> <form type (optional)> : would of given you the result, but this feature got broken somewhere in development and thus never saw actual use

I just did this: IF you can drop and/or click on the item and it gives you an id: Gun ( xxxxxxxx ). Then in console type gbo ... I know this works, as I just did this earlier today in my game w/a Gun - Armor - Ammo and a Mod NPC.

I just did this: IF you can drop and/or click on the item and it gives you an id: Gun ( xxxxxxxx ). Then in console type gbo ... I know this works, as I just did this earlier today in my game w/a Gun - Armor - Ammo and a Mod NPC.

You need to be very precise when doing this as it works on everything in the game. After you left click on the item, the name should appear at the top of the monitor screen.

If you don't see the name of the item you want, try again. Requires NVSE.

Edited by M48A5

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...