Vortex Can't Find Skyrim SE?

Deleted49578446User

Oops, i guess i put that last directory without thinking, but that's not a file; that's the SSE launcher in the Skyrim special edition game install folder, SKSE64 is installed right along side it too. I found a fairly easy workaround for me i just had to add a special launch location for SKSE64 through the vortex launcher, but i still can't use the play button that is in the top left corner of the vortex launcher, but i can still launch it through vortex's tool menu.

• 7 months later...

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Current stable version of Vortex (I believe that is 0.16.15)

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

According to LOOT I have 53 plugins

The issue I am having is as follows:

Yesterday I reinstalled Skyrim SE and began downloading mods with Vortex.

I then reinstall LOOT to organise my load order which, requires me to restart my computer.

I restart my computer after which, Vortex says I'm not managing Skyrim SE and can't even find it when I scan for it.

I'm not sure what other info you may need so please ask if you do, I'll do my best to provide it.

2021-02-10-133234.png

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Current stable version of Vortex (I believe that is 0.16.15)

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

According to LOOT I have 53 plugins

The issue I am having is as follows:

Yesterday I reinstalled Skyrim SE and began downloading mods with Vortex.

I then reinstall LOOT to organise my load order which, requires me to restart my computer.

I restart my computer after which, Vortex says I'm not managing Skyrim SE and can't even find it when I scan for it.

I'm not sure what other info you may need so please ask if you do, I'll do my best to provide it.

LOOT is already built into Vortex, You do not need standalone LOOT.

Go to GAMES----->click SHOW HIDDEN is it showing up?

• 1 month later...

So, I had the same issue.

What seems to be the problem is that vortex is doing something weird during the installation process. All I did was uninstall it and then reinstall it but manually, setting the install location to this C:\Program Files (x86)\Vortex - creating a vortex folder so you can find it easier.

I really hope this can help someone.

So, I had the same issue.

What seems to be the problem is that vortex is doing something weird during the installation process. All I did was uninstall it and then reinstall it but manually, setting the install location to this C:\Program Files (x86)\Vortex - creating a vortex folder so you can find it easier.

I really hope this can help someone.

Vortex doesn't do something weird during install, it's the AntiVirus, like Windows Defender that you have installed that prevents Vortex from installing properly.

It's a known problem with overzealous AV programs, and you can find the issue all over these forums