Latest vortex update is fantastic

LordLochNess

Finally,

- Clickable LOOT messages

- Far more clear conflict dialogue box (not that this ever confused me, but now you'd have to not know anything about modding at all to be confused by it). Also much harder for people to create cyclical issues with the way both mods in a conflict are now changed.

- Sluggish performance with large load orders now drastically reduced.

- Even the new redundant mods notification feature is nice but I'd like to know how to turn it off for mods instances where I want the redundancies to remain.

Hats off to the developer(s) of this program. Before I had a hard time recommending this over MO2, now I'd say the program is a lot closer than it's ever been. Of course people will still whine about micromanaging the load order of things that don't conflict in any way (and thus don't matter at all) and the lacking virtual file system but I'd say this is a great step forward.

Edited by thegreatspeed

I do agree. I see now that when resolving mod conflicts, Vortex is advising us the "suggested" way to resolve the conflict between mods and this is something we did not have before.

Augusta, have you seen that ? What is your opinion ? I opened up one mod conflict and it was suggesting to choose "before-suggested" so I decided to save it. Vortex immediately asked me to deploy so I did. I guess that going in a different logic will cause some issues in the game, what say you ?

Also, switching between games is super fast, at the most, a couple of seconds on my end.

I do agree. I see now that when resolving mod conflicts, Vortex is advising us the "suggested" way to resolve the conflict between mods and this is something we did not have before.

Augusta, have you seen that ? What is your opinion ? I opened up one mod conflict and it was suggesting to choose "before-suggested" so I decided to save it. Vortex immediately asked me to deploy so I did. I guess that going in a different logic will cause some issues in the game, what say you ?

Also, switching between games is super fast, at the most, a couple of seconds on my end.

If I've understood your question correctly, I don't think that anything has changed in the logic of mod conflict resolution. It's still a matter of "load before/load after" but with some nice hints thrown in. However, old habits die hard. When presented with "load before (suggested)" I always go to the "load after" mod and click on "load after." Vortex then automatically fills in "load before" for the other mod.

If I've understood your question correctly, I don't think that anything has changed in the logic of mod conflict resolution. It's still a matter of "load before/load after" but with some nice hints thrown in. However, old habits die hard. When presented with "load before (suggested)" I always go to the "load after" mod and click on "load after." Vortex then automatically fills in "load before" for the other mod.

Yes I agree, it is the same except for the "suggested" word. You example works either way, either to choose load before ( suggested ) or go to the other mod and load after that mod and automatically the previous one with load before. Either way will work the same logic.

It is interesting to see how the "suggested" advise was introduced when resolving mod conflicts and I wish to know what is behind the curtain with that "suggested" advise, what are the considerations for Vortex to advise a mod should be load before or after with the suggested advise. I have been trusting Vortex as it should be, specifically with the Plugins by letting Vortex to auto-sort them out and now, Vortex introduce the "suggested" advise and is making things very easy for whoever is using this program.

If I go with the suggested logic, I will be on Vortex' side, meaning, letting it do what is best for the load order, is that what Vortex is looking for ? If so, this is easier than ever and I am very happy because I have no intention to go against it. :cool:

I would like to know why it puts 'suggested' on some conflicts. The change log barely says anything. One of my mods recommended a certain patch to overwrite another patch and vortex suggested it be the opposite. It would have me go against the mod author. So I don't think it should be trusted completely.

I would like to know why it puts 'suggested' on some conflicts. The change log barely says anything. One of my mods recommended a certain patch to overwrite another patch and vortex suggested it be the opposite. It would have me go against the mod author. So I don't think it should be trusted completely.

Please start this as a new thread in the Vortex Support Forum.

• 1 year later...

Please start this as a new thread in the Vortex Support Forum.

I agree with you, all we need know how is the way that vortex make his suggest