Feedback concerning New Members

kec601

Please put a free option in the list when you're trying to get people to make an account on Nexus Mods. It took me a whole ten minutes to figure out I didn't have to check a box.

I literally just found your website, and trying to immediately get me to pay money feels extremely shady. The website already feels dubious because, of course, it's a modding site - and mods can contain viruses. Forcing me to make an account and immediately asking to be paid in European currency just seems extremely untrustworthy.

I'm making this post, though, because I read a lot of other information online and I don't believe this site is untrustworthy. However, it would be better to welcome people with open arms, and establish a trusting relationship through your awesome content and excellent support, before asking for donations. It sets a better precedence, and it will make people more inclined to be generous. Maybe you should just write a nice notification that will pop up on a persons screen after 10 installations, asking them to please contribute or become a premium member.

Quite literally the first few lines on the registration page state that: "If you do not want to buy Premium Membership simply skip this step by pressing "Create Account" at the bottom of the page."

This site has been around in various iterations since 2001. There's nothing even remotely dubious about it.

Edited by Reneer

If it will make you feel more comfortable, I can tell you that our mods are thoroughly scanned for viruses and malware before they are uploaded. Windows Defender has an unfortunate habit of throwing a false positive on various types of mods, for example those with a fomod installer, but our files are safe. I've been a member since '04, have downloaded more mods than I can count and have never gotten any type of malware from this site. :)

Our new account page may be a little confusing, but no one is ever required to pay for an account on the site. I promise. :D Please be sure to read our Terms and Policies; there's a link to them at the top of any page on the forum. There's helpful advice in there as well as our code of conduct.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or one of our community managers, BigBizkit or Pickysaurus.

Welcome to Nexus!