SKSE Not Working After Update

MasterD1mwitt

After updating to the latest version of Vortex (version 0.17.11) I get a notification when I start Skyrim that SKSE is unable to load. I have made sure that it is enabled and I have even tried redownloading SKSE, but it and SkyUI still won't work in my game. I haven't downloaded any new mods recently, the only thing that is different is downloading the Vortex update.

Go ahead and close Vortex. Not needed for this.

Navigate to your game directory and try running skse_loader.exe.

If that works OK - your Vortex path to SKSE is set wrong.

Report back in any case.

I tried what you suggested and I think it worked; I'm going to reset Vortex's path to SKSE and see if that fixes my issue.

Edit: I set a new path to SKSE, and that seemed to resolve my issue. Thank you for the help!

Edited by MasterD1mwitt

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bring this back to life. Vortex will not launch my Skyrim "oh well dont care I can still launch both the script Extender, and just regular Skyrim from my shortcuts". It pulls up the Data Files, Play, Options menu and s#*!, but when I select play the blue loading circle pops up for about 5 seconds, goes away, and nothing happens. In my task manager I see Skyrim launch, and then it just disappears. Anyone know what to do?

Time to bring this back to life. Vortex will not launch my Skyrim "oh well dont care I can still launch both the script Extender, and just regular Skyrim from my shortcuts". It pulls up the Data Files, Play, Options menu and s***, but when I select play the blue loading circle pops up for about 5 seconds, goes away, and nothing happens. In my task manager I see Skyrim launch, and then it just disappears. Anyone know what to do?

Well, trying to guess from your vague post about what's going on with whichever version of Skyrim you're playing, I THINK your problem is, (I'm just guessing at this point because you didn't mention whether you're using Skyrim SE or SKyrim LE), that maybe something's wrong with how you have everything set up, or you're using the wrong version of either SKSE, or SKESE64, and could be using the wrong SKSE with the wrong version of the game (No idea, guessing again), and maybe you either need to set up whichever script extender you're using for whichever version of Skyrim you're using, or you're missing a master for a mod for either Skyrim SE or Skyrin LE, there's also the chance, that you're trying to use a Skyrim SE mod in the Skyrim LE game or vice versa.

I'll see if I can help when you provide more details.

Guest deleted34304850

Time to bring this back to life. Vortex will not launch my Skyrim "oh well dont care I can still launch both the script Extender, and just regular Skyrim from my shortcuts". It pulls up the Data Files, Play, Options menu and s***, but when I select play the blue loading circle pops up for about 5 seconds, goes away, and nothing happens. In my task manager I see Skyrim launch, and then it just disappears. Anyone know what to do?

the first thing you need to do is start a new post and not necro an old thread because your issue may be nothing to do with the issue you're appending this to.

the second thing you need to do is look at this post, https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/ and fill in as much information as possible, so that you can give people who want to help you a little bit more information than you did in the post above.