⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Can't uninstall or reinstall Morrowind

autumnsky38

Hi everyone. For some reason today when I clicked on my Morrowind icon, it wouldn't load the game, so I thought there might be a problem and went to uninstall it. I got a message saying "An installation support file could not be installed, catastrophic failure". Then I tried to "install it" as if it hadn't been installed, and received the same message. I'm not sure what to do now because I can't play it, or uninstall it or reinstall it, so I'd love to have help if you guys have any ideas!

Thanks so much,
Tracy

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the reply. It’s taken me awhile to get back to the site but I wanted to let you know I appreciate your help.

I’m not great at technical stuff on the computer, so could you tell me how to check my drive? I’m not sure which drive to tell you it’s on btw. I have it playing/installing on the E: drive, and installed to my c:/games drive. The weird thing is, I just checked it and there isn’t an icon for the Morrowind exe file. I’m not sure what happened to it (lol) but I only have the MW uninstall icon and the data files containing all of my mods.

If you have some ideas as to where I can go from here, I’d be grateful. : )

Tracy