Managing already installed mods through vortex

Sarcasticpeace

I recently had to reinstall windows due to a hardware error. Because of this my vortex core installation was wiped along with the rest of my C: drive. However, all my mods and games were stored on a separate drive which still has all files intact and untouched.

Is there any way to load those back into Vortex? I have tried setting the mod staging folder and the download folder to the original ones but a box pops up saying the folders need to be empty.

Any help would be amazing, thanks in advance.

I recently had to reinstall windows due to a hardware error. Because of this my vortex core installation was wiped along with the rest of my C: drive. However, all my mods and games were stored on a separate drive which still has all files intact and untouched.

Is there any way to load those back into Vortex? I have tried setting the mod staging folder and the download folder to the original ones but a box pops up saying the folders need to be empty.

Any help would be amazing, thanks in advance.

IF the folder needs to be empty, have you tried the obvious solution of temporarily moving the files in the folder to a new (temporary) location so you can create the mod staging folder, and then moving the folders BACK into the mod staging folder?