Seconds from Silence - Abstract Era Entertainment

BigBizkit

This is VERY intriguing! Although I do have a few questions:

1. Will this be cross platform? I'm seriously hoping that it will be because I have friends/family that I would like to play this with but they only have consoles.

2. How difficult is the resource gathering for building components? Conan's crafting and building system is great but I absolutely hate the fact that it's so difficult to gather resources and keep up on hunger and thirst and all the survival aspects at the same time.

3. Will this be yet another pay-to-win MMO? I sincerely hope not because, while I understand the monetary appeal of game devs making their game PTW, for those of us who just wanna play the damn game it's extremely off-putting.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #71879748.

T0X1CCRUS4D3R wrote: This is VERY intriguing! Although I do have a few questions:

1. Will this be cross platform? I'm seriously hoping that it will be because I have friends/family that I would like to play this with but they only have consoles.

2. How difficult is the resource gathering for building components? Conan's crafting and building system is great but I absolutely hate the fact that it's so difficult to gather resources and keep up on hunger and thirst and all the survival aspects at the same time.

3. Will this be yet another pay-to-win MMO? I sincerely hope not because, while I understand the monetary appeal of game devs making their game PTW, for those of us who just wanna play the damn game it's extremely off-putting.

Heya T0X1CCRUS4D3R!

1. At this time we have not made a final decision as to the validity of Seconds from Silence being cross platform. We have been looking into the matter and the final decision will be based almost entirely on maintaining fair game play. If we do decide to allow cross platform game play we need to ensure that in doing so, neither PC users or console users have any unfair advantages.

2. It depends on the type of structures you are a building. For example, if you're attempting to build a log cabin in a desert then finding trees will be a bit challenging. If you are attempting to build using brick and mortar in a mountainous area, then you will have an easy time finding rocks to carve into bricks. There will always be a need for food and water though, as with building components, where you live will determine how difficult food and water is to come across. Often times, how far a Kingdom can stretch and how large it's armies are will depend on how well the fruit of the farmer's crops were on your lands that year.

3. Absolutely not. At this time we have not made any plans for a cash shop, though even if we do have a shop, it would be strictly cosmetic items and stuff like pets, etc. We are strictly against pay to win and will never allow it to happen in Seconds from Silence.

We hope you'll come check us out!
A.E.E.

Interesting. A primary concern for me is the combat. Will it be freeform but targeting like ESO, tab targeting like FF, or freeform hack/slash like BDO? Would it feel sensible to still use a gamepad on PC, would this even be allowed? Cross platform?

Can't say I'm impressed by the graphics but I also can't say they are bad. I will say I thought the grinding wheel was from Skyrim itself, so the comparisons seem to be accurate. Giving players more control over their MMO experience is an interesting concept. As with most ideas, it sounds promising - I look forward to seeing more. :)

I have registered for this game 1 day ago but have still not revived any verification vi email back,

I sent another email today using there problem page of login in.

Still no response

I hope this is not going to be the way of fobbing of people by means of no response to there concerns

Regards..

Interesting game concept,

what will the game rating be, when I think of modding a game I of course think of adult content. will this be an adult oriented game ( like Conan Exiles, Skyrim, The Witcher 3 ), I am hoping this type of game could be age verified and let the modders go crazy. I am considering applying to be a tester, & trying this game, it looks like some physics are in place, if there is adult content ( nudity and or blood & gore ) I'm game !! :)

Edited by Misteryodahippie

In response to post #71853463. #71867218 is also a reply to the same post.

pndr wrote: And how will this game be released? Steam, GOG, Epic, or/and an in house store?
AbstractEra wrote: Heya pndr!

This information will be provided to the public once a decision has been made. We have not yet made a final decisions with regards to a sales platform.

We hope you'll come check us out at www.secondsfromsilence.com!

A.E.E.

thank you

In response to post #71853463. #71867218, #72106313 are all replies on the same post.

pndr wrote: And how will this game be released? Steam, GOG, Epic, or/and an in house store?
AbstractEra wrote: Heya pndr!

This information will be provided to the public once a decision has been made. We have not yet made a final decisions with regards to a sales platform.

We hope you'll come check us out at www.secondsfromsilence.com!

A.E.E.
pndr wrote: thank you

If this game is another Epic Store exclusive, I guarantee it will flop and flop HARD; I sincerely hope they aren't tempted by the dirty laundered-money that Tencent/Epic have been bribing developers with.

I feel that this entire project is incredibly risky and I wonder how funding is going to be done and the business model being aimed for.
I also have significant concerns in using Unreal Engine to develop an MMORPG (something that has had significant performance issues with lots of players at the same time) rather than an in-house engine or one more suited for the genre.