Languages

Gwork

The languages I do run across are Vietnamese and Hindi ..they own the small stores and generally family run so speaking their native tongue is a natural private channel and they are more fluent in it.

The languages I do run across are Vietnamese and Hindi ..they own the small stores and generally family run so speaking their native tongue is a natural private channel and they are more fluent in it.

Oh yes Vietnamese even in my place. Man vietnamese food is excellent. I notice forgeiners speak their native language a lot, if they run a restaurant.

I searched Googled to find out more about that map. Do you have the webpage and the name/s of the person's who made it up?

As far as language is concerned in the malls, stores, and grocery stores it's call, Credit Card Language these days. Soon there will be one person managing all the automatic check out machines and that only may last another 5 years before we all sit at home and order online to have it delivered by AMAZINGZON!

Sorry no, I found the map some weeks ago. I wish I could tell you, which page it was? You uploaded the image as "picture", in Googles Search engine?

No. I right clicked on the picture and in the menu I selected Search Google for. Google turned up an image of it in respect to its resolution. And a bunch of websites it might be associated to too. None of them had any information specific about the map. KHSLMC.org appears to be where it is from, and yet, it too isn't any help validating anything about the map.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't know my mother tongue is so wide-spread in the US. Interesting discovery globally speaking.

Even 100 years ago. the French were in Montana. French people were trapping for furs trading with the locals before Montana was an idea yet. They opened trading posts. The Anaconda Company Smelter opened in 1903. A silver smelter was still operating across the river east of it, that had been here years before the new Anaconda Company opened. And the Anaconda Company attracted the French and Croatians to work there too. Black Eagle, Montana got it's name from locals and the Anaconda Smelting Company is why Black Eagle, Montana grew.

In what they call middle school now, 68 years ago only two school language courses were offered; French and German. Even though a little bit of Italy was taking a hold in Black Eagle and Great Falls, their language was not among the school language courses.

French isn't spoken much, but the families still have roots here.