Getting Fed Up With Amazon

wcurtin1962

It seems that the longer you order on Amazon, the shipping time slows down more and more. I'm going to use Newegg for my PC build if the prices are the same. I found a laundry washing plunger on a website that sells cloth diapers for $8.00 USD less then Amazon including USPS two day shipping. So I should have it in four days instead of the ten + days Amazon takes. And no I'm not paying the Bezoid over a $100.00 a year to roll the shipping costs into the cost of the product calling it "free shipping".

You must order by Amazon and do it their way because using them in the past to the exclusion of actual stores has closed down all of the 'Brick and Mortar' shops. Amazon shoppers have ruined retail shopping. If I want something I now must always use Amazon to get it.

The Rabbit

Really, this shunning of 'Brick and Mortar' shops is nothing new. In the 70's I mostly bought via mail order. Mainly because of no transportation, what I was buying wasn't available locally and what was, was always more expensive then mail order. More alternatives to Amazon are becoming available. Amazon's main monopoly is their cataloguing data base, everybody uses it.

• 5 weeks later...

It seems that the longer you order on Amazon, the shipping time slows down more and more. I'm going to use Newegg for my PC build if the prices are the same. I found a laundry washing plunger on a website that sells cloth diapers for $8.00 USD less then Amazon including USPS two day shipping. So I should have it in four days instead of the ten + days Amazon takes. And no I'm not paying the Bezoid over a $100.00 a year to roll the shipping costs into the cost of the product calling it "free shipping".

Try this:

https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/

You will find some killer deals and not from Amazon.

• 8 months later...

Amazon is like a leech anyway. The company uses many infrastructures but jeff bezos and its clique don't pay any tax for their maintenance, like they tke adantage of their workers and of the little companies that are supposed to be their partners.

I just built a new rig. First time ordering several items at once from Amazon. No real complaint about the delivery time. Pretty much got everything within a few days. However, I did have an issue with their jacking up the price on a hard to find motherboard. Their price was more than $100.00 higher than most other sites that were out of stock. Luckily, there was a Micro Center within a reasonable distance that had several on hand, and at the same lower price the out of stock sites were offering. In fact, Micro Center had everything I needed, and all their prices were as low as anything I could find online. I even picked up a monitor I hadn't planned on buying, because it was $70.00 cheaper than anywhere else. If you have a Micro Center within a fair distance, I'd recommend taking a drive and to hell with Amazon.