Does Vortex Manage Mods for No Mans Sky ?

BlackAlbum007

Forgive me but I'm elderly and not very good with computers ....

I've manually installed a few mods for NMS and everything is working fine ... but I thought I'd try the Vortex Mod Manager to help me manage them and build an even better game ... but I'm stuck straight away and I thought I'd ask for help here.

I've selected the "location" for No Man's Sky and that is ...

C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/No Mans Sky/Binaries

May I point out that I couldn't actually see the .exe for NMS following this path but I manually confirmed that is where the .exe is

Vortex says the game is managed ...

But when I try to activate it I get an error message saying ...
"Failed to set game mode ... Mod directory missing C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/No mans Sky/binaries/GAMEDATA/PCBANKS/MODS"

... and then I noticed that that file path is wrong ...

The /GAMEDATA folder isn't inside the Binaries folder as listed in that path ... It's actually in the common/No Mans Sky folder.

When you open that folder you see 2 folders .... "Binaries" and "GAMEDATA"

Inside the GAMEDATA folder you get the PCBANKS folder then the MODS folder (which I had to manually create as per instructions)

EDIT: I've tried selecting the path as ... common/No Mans Sky/ .... but it comes back as "Game not found"

Has anyone had this problem before??
Does Vortex actually work for NMS?

I thought I'd report this here although I cannot rule out user error on my part.

I've done a google search for an answer but I'm not finding anything ... although it doesn't help that NMS actually have and use the words "Vortex" and "Nexus" for other things and this clutters up my search results.

Please don't assume that I know what I'm talking about with my above description of the problem.
It's mostly me copying words out from the screen in front of me ... sorry ... I've also got a blue background on this message which I've no idea how to get rid of ... which really shows my computer skills level.

Hi ....

I tried that but it says "Game not found"

I'm sorry ... I really should've put that in my original post

I'll edit it now

OK, that shouldn't be happening.

The proper location should be "C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/No Mans Sky"

In SETTINGS-------->MODS-------->DEPLOYMENT METHOD

Do you have HARDLINK DEPLOYMENT set?

Thank you again ...

I'll type out what I see happening ....

When I go to Settings --- Mods ... I'm seeing "Please select a Game to manage first"

Ok ... back to Games ... and I'm seeing one game on my screen ... No Mans Sky under the "Managed (1)" tab.

I double click on the picture and nothing happens ...

I go to the tick icon - activate ... and I get a blue pop-up box saying "Switched game Mode: No Mans Sky .... followed by a red pop-box saying "Failed to set game mode"

The error message is as listed above in the main post with that incorrect file path.

Going to the 3 dots next to the activate icon ... I can double click "open Game folder" and it opens a screen where I can see the NMS.exe which is inside the Binaries folder at the end of the C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/No Mans Sky/Binaries path.

I try to double click the "open Mod Folder" and nothing happens ...

If I go to Downloads ... I'm also getting the "Please select a game to manage first" message ..

Which takes me back to the Games option ... where I can't activate the game because it won't allow me to select the correct file path for the mods folder.

It all comes back to Vortex thinking that the GAMEDATA/PCBANKS/MODS folder is inside the Binaries folder ... which it isn't ...