Vortex not enabling mods despite being displayed as "Enabled"

HermaeusM0R4
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

They were enabled again with Vortex

All the mods I installed I did with Vortex

No mods have been installed with NMM since downloading Vortex

OK, you are using NMM and Vortex, you are also the only person saying that ESL plugins will not enable in Vortex, while also saying that you Enable the ESL plugins with NMM in order to get them to show up in Vortex, while mentioning you have at least three plugins.txt files with varying amounts of Plugins enabled/disabled, but the consistent thing is, that the ESLs are enabled in the NMM plugins.txt in one folder, while they are not enabled in the Vortex Plugins.txt in an entirely different folder, it's also questionable if you installed the ESLs with NMM or Vortex because you said...

I had used NMM on just 2 ESL mods specifically from MihailMods: Seals and sea lions, and Giant younglings.

Which sounds like you've been using BOTH NMM and Vortex together, and expecting the two of them to "Sync"

while also saying that you Enable the ESL plugins with NMM in order to get them to show up in Vortex

They show up in Vortex as enabled beforehand

while mentioning you have at least three plugins.txt files with varying amounts of Plugins enabled/disabled

I did not verify I had a plugins.txt for NMM, I said they were in Skyrim Special Edition's plugin.txt

NMM has 2 tabs one labeled Mods (for installing and uninstalling mods) the other labeled Plugins (for viewing load order and quick enabling and disabling mods) I only used the Plugins Tab

And now its happened again I try to install a regular ESP and Vortex won't enable it despite being displayed as enabled. What good is a mod manager that can't enable mods! :wallbash:

Are you still using BOTH NMM and Vortex?

You need to use only ONE

Nobody here is having the same problem you are.

Somehow you've gotten the plugins.txts and loadorder.txts from Both NMM and Vortex fighting each other.

Yes, I may as well until a solution is made that I can go back to using just one. This started when I updated Vortex to 1.0.5, I liked 1.0.4 more

Then roll back to 1.04

The only thing that changed between 1.04 and 1.05 was:

-Unhandled exception during NMM import when VirtualModConfig.xml was missing

-(RE2) unhandled exception creating file lists

-Limit width of mod name column in plugins tab

-Prison Architect was added as a supported game

Did you UPDATE Vortex through Vortex, or did you download Vortex and install it, if so, did you download and install Vortex in the SAME place as 1.04?

Okay I did that, I reinstalled the mods that didn't work before and now they show up in Vortex's plugins.txt but not the game's plugins.txt is that normal?

EDIT: They showed up in the game's plugin.txt after clicking "Sort Now" in Vortex

Edited by HermaeusM0R4

I've experienced that in Xedit myself, just close Xedit, hit SORT in Vortex, and it should 'fix' why Xedit keeps opening the Load Order wrong.

Wait so I have hit the SORT NOW in Vortex after enabling a mod to ensure it actually enables now?

Maybe that was the issue I was having the whole time, I've never clicked the SORT button until now

Edited by HermaeusM0R4