The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want my one click downloads back, stop making me have to go and hit "slow download" each time.

You've just explained the entire idea behind having to click and hit 'slow download' each time.

You can get "your old one click downloads" back, by SUBSCRIBING.

It requires effort on YOUR part though.

I just want my one click downloads back, stop making me have to go and hit "slow download" each time.

If you really want those one click downloads back all you need to do is buy a subscription (or a Lifetime subscription). The Lifetime subscription starts to cost less then a monthly / annual subscription in about 2 years.

I totally had a lifetime subscription ages ago, but completely lost the login and every other detail associated after being away for a long stretch.

Also I'm kinda here for a reason - and hear me out, I'm not bashing things nor am I too lazy or cheap to subscribe. I find the download screen to be about a 6 out of 10 on the "this is annoying" level, which is meh, to make an ancient reference. I also get a little splash video ad playing on my lower right screen on every page I visit, which is also annoying, about a 8 out of 10. I came to download a ~32 mb file which isn't on Steam, and I have zero complaints about the speed cap - which I think is pretty high actually considering the traffic that must run.

All that said, the only reason I'm here is because there's no other place to find this giant pile of great mod; it's like a bazaar of olden times and I think it's pretty neat. But how did we get to this state? Are un-closable popup video ads really the way forward for this community? Why is the download screen so unfriendly? Why are the forums running at a bare trickle? Does anyone even want to be doing this anymore?

Anyway, I used to use Nexus to mod Morrowind when I was just a tiny child, and it was kinda a grown-up place then so to speak. Over the years I've become pretty turned-offish about the whole thing, despite paying to help run things several times at least over the past 20 years I think and so just barely proving I'm not a dead run, or a catch in the line, or always broke, or lazy, or a non-premium and unwelcome user of resources, though that last part is too harsh a judgement for an old acquaintance.

Hope everyone's feeling ok, that's all. No need for anyone to respond to my concerns, as if. This wood has grown strange and hostile to me, and so I will not linger here in my small pants and overshoes.

Happy Day-After-Halloween though! I hope you're not too terribly hungover as some in my household are.... :D

But how did we get to this state? Are un-closable popup video ads really the way forward for this community? Why is the download screen so unfriendly? Why are the forums running at a bare trickle? Does anyone even want to be doing this anymore?

There is a simple answer to your questions: Money. The site costs money to run and the vast majority of people on the site don't pay a dime to support it. The only reliable solution, the only one they have found to work in their favor, is for Nexus Mods to display ads and try and make money by promoting their subscription service.

If you really want those one click downloads back all you need to do is buy a subscription (or a Lifetime subscription). The Lifetime subscription starts to cost less then a monthly / annual subscription in about 2 years.

I totally had a lifetime subscription ages ago, but completely lost the login and every other detail associated after being away for a long stretch.

Also I'm kinda here for a reason - and hear me out, I'm not bashing things nor am I too lazy or cheap to subscribe. I find the download screen to be about a 6 out of 10 on the "this is annoying" level, which is meh, to make an ancient reference. I also get a little splash video ad playing on my lower right screen on every page I visit, which is also annoying, about a 8 out of 10. I came to download a ~32 mb file which isn't on Steam, and I have zero complaints about the speed cap - which I think is pretty high actually considering the traffic that must run.

All that said, the only reason I'm here is because there's no other place to find this giant pile of great mod; it's like a bazaar of olden times and I think it's pretty neat. But how did we get to this state? Are un-closable popup video ads really the way forward for this community? Why is the download screen so unfriendly? Why are the forums running at a bare trickle? Does anyone even want to be doing this anymore?

Anyway, I used to use Nexus to mod Morrowind when I was just a tiny child, and it was kinda a grown-up place then so to speak. Over the years I've become pretty turned-offish about the whole thing, despite paying to help run things several times at least over the past 20 years I think and so just barely proving I'm not a dead run, or a catch in the line, or always broke, or lazy, or a non-premium and unwelcome user of resources, though that last part is too harsh a judgement for an old acquaintance.

Hope everyone's feeling ok, that's all. No need for anyone to respond to my concerns, as if. This wood has grown strange and hostile to me, and so I will not linger here in my small pants and overshoes.

Happy Day-After-Halloween though! I hope you're not too terribly hungover as some in my household are.... :D

If you have a lifetime subscription, perhaps you should contact Tech Support and see if they can recover the info for you