Creation Kit

gandore

Just got the latest version of the CK from steam. Now when I start it I get the following error message

Assert

File c:\Skyrim|Code|TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line 2860

LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading Strings

Abort Retry Ignore

Replied Ignore

Another message comes up about strings files being blank for Dawnguard.

Clicked Yes to All

After that the program goes to no response and then I think Action Center is kicking in and killing the program. I know there is a way to get Action Center to leave it alone but I don't remember how to do it.

Any information would be great.

I was getting the same error. Checking the Bethsoft forums and other sites, it became clear that this isn't an issue affecting everyone. It seems this is a Dawnguard.bsa issue. What I did was download the SkyrimEditor.ini from here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21741, and now the CK seems to load just fine.

Hope this helps!

I was getting the same error. Checking the Bethsoft forums and other sites, it became clear that this isn't an issue affecting everyone. It seems this is a Dawnguard.bsa issue. What I did was download the SkyrimEditor.ini from here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21741, and now the CK seems to load just fine.

Hope this helps!

It can't be a Downguard issue because I don't have Downguard but I am experiencing the same problem. Actually the first warning is the same but the second, when I get one, is different. Last three times I didn't get a second warning, it just crashed after pressing "ignore".

• 3 weeks later...

Same for me - no Dawnguard but the same Creation Kit issue, not with all mods but with most newer or updated house mods I wanted to adjust to my likings.

I am so happy I found an easy solution now and want to share it here (I found it in a post of "Nyram" at the Steam Users' Forums - many thanks to Nyram!!!):

This was the relevant non-dawnguard part for me, applying also to the the SkyrimEditor.ini:

"I have also read that it is necessary to add sLanguage=YOURLANGUAGEHERE to the [GENERAL] SECTION.

I did this too, adding ENGLISH, but it did not do anything to correct my problem. I did read reports that it worked for other people using non-English languages."

Well, for me it worked with adding sLanguage=GERMAN :-)) Miraculously the CK will open all the critical mods now!

I hope some more people who could use this solution might be able to find it now.

• 2 months later...