Characters Going Bald

maniacsamurai002

So not my game, but my wife's file just randomly her character went completely bald. She had stopped playing for a few weeks and decided to update a few mods (Sim settlements stuff) and when she went to load her file it acted as if several mods were missing that were definitely installed. We got past that by reinstalling the said mods, but when she went into 3rd person suddenly her character's hair was missing. The modded hairs don't appear when going into looks menu either. Thinking her file was just kaput she started a new file (not the first time something like this has happened). Modded hairs are there just fine....but as soon as she gets through the opening and vault 111 BAM One Punch Man do. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mods and starting new fresh saves and every time its the same thing. The modded hairs are there theough the intro and then just gone. She has all the propper ini edits and I'm just at a loss. Any ideas?

heyas Maniac. Ugh, that sucks, I'm sorry for her troubles.

When you say that she updated some of the files, that makes me wonder if you have some game version to mod version incompatibilities. This is a new thing, since the update to the game back in November 2019.

If you have F4se on her computer, download and install this, and see if that helps. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

If not, then you will need to get f4se. But make very sure that the version that you install, matches the version of her game. http://f4se.silverlock.org

if her game version is still an older version, look in the archives, as the newest version of f4se will not work with older game versions.

Out of curiosity, was one of the mods that you updated AWKCR?

Also, if her game is not updated to the latest version.... don't. You will probly have even more problems with older mods if you do. But the compatibility bypass that I linked to, should let her run post-November 17 2019 mods.

Ok, sounds good. But yeah, awkcr might be a problem too. Especially if you guys use a mod manager for your installations. People have been having some probs with their mods not resetting when loading up a save game, because the managers aren't installing it right. Go with a manual install for it, and be very careful to make sure that you're getting your folders correct, and not installing any of the unnecessary patches that it has included with it.

Hope this helps!

-Storm