Vortex: texture-mods do not work, all other mods work fine. Any ideas?

Japty

I have / had the same issue with Vortex, Tried changing the sResourceDataDirsFinal in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini (located in documents/mygames/fallout4) which was blank, to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\ and it partially worked!!!

In my Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini I've always used an empty "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" and have never had any problems with BA2 texture files as a consequence. Frankly, I don't think this issue has anything at all to do with Vortex.

Yep.

Both my ini files only have the "sResourceDataDirsFinal= "

And the archive section of my Fallout4Custom.ini only has TWO lines, not the same number of lines as the fallout4.ini

Custom.ini

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

That's it.

In the end the problem was not in the ini files. The textures were not loading properly due to wrong enblocal settings, so it was a problem with ENB. I edited the VideoMemorySizeMb to 10240, which is as I had read the highest value possible (even if I have 24GB total RAM+VRAM), I sticked to the basic scheme (RAM+VRAM in Mb) - 6144Mb (for game and other processes) = ... (max value is 10240, even if the result is a bigger number)

That worked for me and all textures now load properly

Edited by KaktusikCZ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic