Vortex: texture-mods do not work, all other mods work fine. Any ideas?

Japty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will not help to reinstall Vortex. Once Vortex has installed your mods using hard links, it's job is done.

Stop Vortex. No point in your getting confused by having it up when it does not need to be.

Look at your game directory Data folder.

Are all the files that are part of your mod present? And are they in the right places?

If so, Vortex did what it was supposed to. You might want to ask in that mod's Nexusmods Topic.

If not - let us know. Something else is going on.

It will not help to reinstall Vortex. Once Vortex has installed your mods using hard links, it's job is done.

Stop Vortex. No point in your getting confused by having it up when it does not need to be.

Look at your game directory Data folder.

Are all the files that are part of your mod present? And are they in the right places?

If so, Vortex did what it was supposed to. You might want to ask in that mod's Nexusmods Topic.

If not - let us know. Something else is going on.

Hello,

my problem is that no texture mod applies, does not matter which one.

So i gues it is more a general issue on my side, but i dont know what possibilities still could exist.

Would it make sense to delete my inis and start the game ones to recreate them, then adding the lines

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

again?

Or maybe disable all mods and only apply texture mods?

Though i already created a second profile and tried that already :/

Edited by Japty

OK, I have to ask the obvious question

Do you have your graphic settings set to accommodate those HD textures?

My apologies but i am not quite sure what you mean specifically? Is it about my settings ingame, in my launcher or in my nvidia graphic settings?

i added my settings in launcher as screenshot

@Zanderat

i attached a screenshot of my data folder. (the screenshot was made with only 5 savren texture mods enabled, no other mod)

I have now all mods disabled and manually downloaded a texture mod (vivid fallout roads, highest quality). i extracted the rar and moved the Data/Texture folder to my game data/texture folder. But it still does not work.

When i have vortex running or managing my data folder, do the manually installed mods work at all?

Thank you for taking your time and trying to assist me with my small problem, i really appreciate it!

Edited by Japty

Check the Vortex Deployment.json in your Data directory, (In your screen shot), a text editor will open it. and search for "SavrenXHD"

If it doesn't show up, then it's not being deployed.

The Vortex Deployment.json file is a record of what Vortex has deployed to the Data directory.

Here is a screenshot of the .json file in my data folder when texture mods are enabled