Vortex asking admin permissions on deployment

Asdolg
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Hello! I might did a poor search, but couldn't find that on forums. Basically, as you know, Vortex is asking administrator permissions for deployment (using symlinks) every time. It wouldn't be any kind of a problem, but when you're working on a huge mod pack and, e.g., trying to find a game bug cause by disabling mods one-by-one, permission prompt appearing every single time gets really annoying.

Is it possible to somehow remember granted admin permission for Vortex? Without disabling UAC at all of course. I thought running Vortex as administrator could work, but when I tried running it as an admin, Vortex prompted me not to do so.

Thanks in advance.

They will, but isn't it possible to 'remember' granted permission somehow? That sounds like tampering with OS settings rather than Vortex itself, .

I'm mostly modding TES (Skyrim, Oblivion, TESO) and Fallout (4, New Vegas) games. The problem itself isn't that big, just wanted to confirm there is nothing I could do.

• Solution

They will, but isn't it possible to 'remember' granted permission somehow? That sounds like tampering with OS settings rather than Vortex itself, .

I'm mostly modding TES (Skyrim, Oblivion, TESO) and Fallout (4, New Vegas) games. The problem itself isn't that big, just wanted to confirm there is nothing I could do.

If you're modding Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 4, then you should be using HARDLINKS, not Symlinks.

Your MOd staging folder needs to be on the same drive as your games in order to use HARDLINKS, then you won't get asked for Permission anymore