just needing to bash my head into a desk for a bit.

alderwiki

just learning how to sort my mods. Learned the basics on the Xbox and Skyrim... not much complication just a lot of tiring back and forth reading and parsing together who _really_ gets to be where they say and where groups should go, yadda yadda.

Computer is a whole different beast than Console.

Fallout is a whole new beast with settlements than Skyrim.

I decided to try to figure out LOOT and Vortex more comprehensively last night to sort my 260+ mods (because why try to start doing this when my list was small and reasonable?)

I've gotten the worst of it managed, my game loads again, Hancocks no longer running around naked, Cleared area's are once again cleared of debris, and well... Concord I just messed up and baked some data into a save and will have to deal without Township. No big deal.

What's got me bashing my head into my desk atm is sorting the plugins that I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT MOD THEY ARE FOR! Because the name AND load order for the plugins in LOOT and under Plugins in Vortex are different than the file and deploy order for the mods themselves in Vortex's Mods section... and so I can't be certain of where to place as I'm not sure which mod they are.

Anyone willing to toss some knowledge my way? If not, I'm happy to jush knock my head around for a bit longer than just buckle down and use good old fashioned stubbornness and all the time I have to kill to parse it out.

bifurious.esp (I believe it might be valkyre face texture? Older file Needed for companion edit)

effs.esp

wdp-pc.esp

ssex.esp

wwp-pc.esp

also a quick, where should I toss looks menu and it's related items, Should it be high as possible like other menu like items, or does it need to be super low to incorporate all the hair/eye/other texture mods correctly?

LOOT is already built into Vortex, why are you using it standalone?

Right-click on a MOD in the MODS tab, pick "Open in File Manager" you'll be brought to the Mod Staging folder, where you can see which ESPs are associated with the mod

the problem is finding the mod to click on, was just hoping someone might recognize them so I could be a little lazy at the end of my several hours of learning ^.^ especially when I first wrote this up everything was starting to blur together.

also, I didn't realize Loot was built into vortex! though, tbf, I'm not very savvy at figuring out programs in any efficient manner. I'm just stubborn enough - and wise enough to hit up google first and the help me sections - before asking directly on forums. I will start looking into using LOOT's self sorting and grouping thru Vortex instead then.. and hopefully not screw up any too bad in the process. Thanks!

I may not work quickly, or efficiently, but I eventually get the job done... then learn how I could have done it in three steps and hate life. (and still mess it up every time.)