Possibly silly question from someone new to mods - Skyrim SE and keeping modded saves separate

LyrFirefly

Hi All,

I'm new here and don't normally use mods but really wanted to use the RDO mod for the sake of different and more interesting dialogue with followers etc.

I do want to keep my vanilla character separate for the sake of achievements and so-forth as I made a new save for modding.

Probably a dumb question , but how do I ensure that only the profile I want to use with mods actually has mods active, and doesn't affect my vanilla save?

Thanks and sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.

CAPS for EMPHASIS,, I'm not yelling.

When you make a new profile, make sure to turn on the switches

SAVE GAMES - YES
GAME SETTINGS - (Can be yes or no)

You'll see these in the PROFILES tab.

Vortex will then make a folder where those saves, that are exclusive to that profile will be saved.

See how the profiles are named?
There will be a corresponding SAVEGAME folder in each folder named after the Profile ID (with the red triangle around it)

Also, the screenshot shows the two switches for SAVE GAMES and GAME SETTINGS, you want to set at least SAVE GAMES to YES.

Vortex-Profiles-Names.jpg

So basically if you open your Documents\My Games\SkyrimSE folder you'll see two folders, one called GkME8XJdq and it will have a savegame folder in it, and you'll see another folder called e1v1RqgQY and that one will have a savegame folder in it as well.

(Of course the ID names are random, so yours will be very different from mine)