many inaccessible Skyrim mod pages :-(

bitoolean

That sure seems to contradict every statement made previously on this thread people have been trying to make about how modders are in full ownership and control of their mods and pages... to someone unknowledgeable about any of this legal stuff, like me, at least. I mean if someone can do what they will with your work such as change it, and control access to it and distribute it, ownership doesn't seem to matter much. It is confusing with so many experienced members appearing to vehemently state the contrary.

I'm not legally inclined either, but I think the ToS is standard CYA* legal boilerplate. Also note that Nexus is explicitly granted a license and not ownership. Just like how when you "buy" software, you're really entering into a licensing agreement rather than taking any kind of ownership.

Anyway, another set of rules/standards could exist elsewhere, or maybe even something informal that may not technically be legally binding but the devs hold themselves to nonetheless.

* Cover Your A**

Edited by baloney8sammich

It has been stated previously, only mod authors or their designated substitute can edit mod pages.

OK. I just got a different impression from the ToS is all.

By submitting content to our services, you are granting an infinite, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license for Nexus Mods to store, distribute, copy or reproduce, edit, translate, reformat, publicly display, or perform the submitted content, at our discretion.

The relevant part is "at our discretion". It does not mean that the staff will go through the thousands of mods that are uploaded and change the links. It means that they can edit the mod page if necessary.

Mod authors are still the ones responsible for keeping the mod page up-to-date.

It's boilerplate legalese that allows them to moderate your mod pages should the need arise. It's not something that gives them carte blanche over the actual mod.