enb fallout4

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jables13x

Jables13x

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

So I'm having an issue that, whenever I tweak my enb setting in the GUI or in my enblocal/enbseries config, they don't stay permanently. I know that i need to hit save configuration and hit apply changes, but it will just reset to the default settings. I can however do the tweaks and get the enb look I want, but every time I start the game up I have to do it, every single time. I also tried to edit the enblocal/enbseries config settings to what I want and then set it to read only, but it didn't work either. The enblocal/enbseries config will keep the edits I made, but will not change the GUI settings in game. 

Is this a result of F4SE having a conflict with the ENBs or is a mod causing it? 

Also I did try multiple ENBs, and the result was the same.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Is the file where configuration settings are stored set as Read Only?

Jables13x

Jables13x

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

Is the file where configuration settings are stored set as Read Only?

At the moment yes. Initially it wasn't, I set it to read only, to see if the changes would work. Which they did not, I can always switch it back but It wont do anything, the changes I make in they GUI always go back to default regardless of the config being set as read only or not.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

What are you running for an anti-virus? Maybe add an exception for the game install folder?

Jables13x

Jables13x

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

What are you running for an anti-virus? Maybe add an exception for the game install folder?

I added the fallout 4 folder as an exception but it didn't do anything either. :(

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Can you open the config files in notepad, edit them directly, and the settings actually stick?

Jables13x

Jables13x

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

Can you open the config files in notepad, edit them directly, and the settings actually stick?

I tried that and didn't work. As soon as i start up the game the config edits will also default back to what they were. If i edit the configs and then make them read only, it still doesn't affect the settings in game either. But my edits will stay after I launch the game.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Are you editing the correct file? That seems really strange.....

Jables13x

Jables13x

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

Are you editing the correct file? That seems really strange.....

Im pretty sure, its got the same settings as the GUI and when i edit them, they go back to default settings after I start the game.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

I have no idea what is going on there......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enb, fallout4

Page loaded in: 1.041 seconds