Load Order

psicloner1

For the life of me, I can't figure out why we don't have an easier load order list. I'm fishing through 400 mods to find SKSE in the load order, knowing it's one of the last, but in the rules where I can move it to one of the first, I can't find it. My eyes are killing me scrolling though this list. It needs a search function and a load order by number, rather than THIS > BEFORE > THIS.

That was on the Manage Rules area, but even going to the Plugins list, where this is easier to read, I can't find SKSE anywhere.

Although I believe I've partially fixed my issue in that I downloaded LOOT within Vortex and ran it, fixed some errors, etc. and got Skyrim to run, it says I'm not running SKSE, which I assume means it's something that has to run prior to Skyrim. Fine, but then I saw this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7457511-skse-not-running/ I cannot find where to set SKSE as primary, etc., like HadToRegister is talking about.

Never mind. I figured it out by going to the dashboard and sifting through all the icons and crap to find the Skyrim Script Extender from which I could fix the issue. Seems like if you're going to have people find SKSE on this site and have them install it through Vortex, it shouldn't configure itself to run the SKSE64lLoader from the data folder by default.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why we don't have an easier load order list. I'm fishing through 400 mods to find SKSE in the load order, knowing it's one of the last, but in the rules where I can move it to one of the first, I can't find it. My eyes are killing me scrolling though this list. It needs a search function and a load order by number, rather than THIS > BEFORE > THIS.

That was on the Manage Rules area, but even going to the Plugins list, where this is easier to read, I can't find SKSE anywhere.

This thread should really be in the Vortex Support Forum instead of the "Feedback and Suggestions" forum

SKSE does NOT go in your load order, so there's no reason to move it around in your load order.

That is why you won't find it in the manage rule list, because it's a DLL, it's not an ESP

As far as a "Search Function" goes, all you had to do was type SKSE in the MOD NAME field on the MOD TAB

As an example, I typed in "BLINK", my mod list was filtered to show only mods with the word BLINK in them, out of 420 mods

Mod-Name-Search.jpg

To set SKSE as Primary, do this.

I posted the Screenshot on how to do it

You click the Three Vertical Dots on the SKSE entry, as shown in the picture, and it opens this mini-menu where you select MAKE PRIMARY.

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

YOU DO NOT NEED LOOT, it is already built into Vortex.

You're going to run into trouble by making Standalone Loot fight with Built in Loot in Vortex.

SKSE is NOT on Nexusmods, it's on Silverlock org