• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

UrDollyAssasSIN

UrDollyAssasSIN

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So I removed SKSE since only three mods I had required it, and it kept causing my game to not open.

However, it still continues to try and load it, and will say:

"Failed to run tool."

When I click for more info:

"Executable doesn't exist, please check the configuration for the tool you tried to start."

Details: Executable: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

I removed it, but I can't get Vortex to stop trying to run it when I open Skyrim, so it fails. 

From my logs:

Sun, 12 Jul 2020 23:08:42 GMT - warn: Failed to run tool wrap=false, text=Executable doesn't exist, please check the configuration for the tool you tried to start., message=Executable: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

When I go to my settings it says:

Target: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe

So I don't know why it keeps trying to run skse64_loader.exe

Any ideas on how I can get it to work again, and stop looking for SKSE? I already uninstalled/reinstalled both Skyrim and Vortex.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,201 posts

Turn off PRIMARY or REMOVE the tool from your dahsboard

Your SKSE entry in the dashboard has a little white banner on it.

Click the three vertical dots in the SKSE tool in the dashboard and select REMOVE

Also, please stop uninstalling and reinstalling your Game and Mod manager for easily fixable problems, Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't fix everything, and is an unnecessary step.

UrDollyAssasSIN

UrDollyAssasSIN

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Turn off PRIMARY or REMOVE the tool from your dahsboard

Your SKSE entry in the dashboard has a little white banner on it.

Click the three vertical dots in the SKSE tool in the dashboard and select REMOVE

Also, please stop uninstalling and reinstalling your Game and Mod manager for easily fixable problems, Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't fix everything, and is an unnecessary

So I actually removed it, and removed it from the banner, which is why I said it no longer shows SKSE as the Target for opening. It's already been removed and yet still keeps trying to deploy.

So no, I'm not uninstalling and reinstalling for an "easily fixable problem". Maybe try and read the post next time.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,201 posts

Well, sorry for trying to save you time from uninstalling and reinstalling.

Was the START IN field empty when you edited the tool?

TARGET - D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe

START IN - ?

If so, that's what the problem was, all you needed to do was add D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ to the START IN field.

Did you install SKSE with Vortex?

If so, did you uninstall SKSE with Vortex, or did you just manually delete it?

Because so far, when Vortex keeps looking for something that isn't there anymore, it's been because people have moved Vortex Folders or deleted files OUTSIDE of Vortex, instead of using Vortex to mobve or Delete them, so Vortex thinks the Folders or Files are still there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skse

Page loaded in: 1.074 seconds