Having trouble deciding to keep playing oldrim, converting to sse, or use both.

nw1022

I been using oldrim for a very long time on both console and pc, I only played sse on Xbox one but I want to know if converting to sse is better then oldrim. I use multitude of mods on oldrim, one of them is the sithis armor and weapons, but it is not on nexus sse since it requires hdt physics. Should I start playing sse on pc and try to find a alternative to the mod i mentioned, keep playing oldrim still using the one mod but not being able to use the new mods that are out their on sse, or use both, playing oldrim with characters i made for the orginal and playing sse with other characters i would make for the remastered. Edited by nw1022

• 2 weeks later...

What's the reason for thinking about a possible change? A special need or problem? Do you want a special mod only available for SE? Do you have stability issues and want a possibly more stable game because of SE 64 bit tech?

I think the future of Skyrim is more with the SE version. Even Requiem will change to it soon. But personally I will stay with LE. I like the mod Deadly Mutilation and it seems very difficult to impossible to get it work on SE. That's the main reason.

Only big stuff could change my mind but what would that be? Mainly firstly ctds (which make my life in Fallout 4 quite miserable these days, don't know the cause) and secondly much better visuals. But I don't face ctds, I have an extremely stable 32 bit Skyrim/Requiem with the about 130 mods I'm using. And for the looks, I don't think SE does look so much better with the according mods, sometimes the contrary. Perhaps a matter of taste.

I use oldrim, so far I haven't had a good reason to switch to SE besides the more stable 64bit. So I tough it out, I simply spent too much time and effort on the old one modding it hours on end and don't feel like doing it all again for a version that doesn't have all the mods I deem crucial for my playthroughs. Though I suppose if I dig hard enough, I could get a close enough version of it going on Newrim (maybe). But as it stands now, I'm just waiting for the next TES, so basically a decade from now when they release and we are all playing TES 6: Holiday Road.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd only change if you have issues getting Legacy to stay stable enough for prolonged gameplay. But you could always just make modlists for both, then play either of the versions whenever you feel like it.

Edited by Nexus18306

in all honesty "Old-rim" i still played with tell the day i unloaded it to try new games. (it was taking will over 100gb++ i think because all the must have mods i had for it.) and i needed the space to play newer games.. but in all honesty i think new-rim was mostly a update for the consoles and so they could try to open the doors to paid modding. *cough cough* i mean more user made DLC (mods) so they could do a back door as u will to get full money instead os shareing it with steam

with old rim with mods u could still make the game looking just as good or better then New-rim. new rim is mostly mods they made or stole to make the game look lil better but in truth u still need the same texture mods and everything else to make the game look as good as Old rim..

and with old rim u will not have to worry about updating all the time everytime they add more paid mods and preload them onto ur system taking more room.. or did they fix this issue?.. (i dono )

if u have a fully working old rim i would just "STAY" with Old rim.