Vortex keeps telling me it needs access rights and keeps sending me in a loop.

Roxas957

I've redownloaded Vortex and Skyrim Special Edition in order to play again. Whenever I download any mod it sends me through the endless loop asking me the same questions over again. I've deleted and redownloaded both countless times but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone came across the same issue in this forum or by themselves and found the fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you have UAC in Windows turned on.

So, when you click "Give Permission" it just keeps asking you?

If you're using Windows Defender, turn of "Controlled Folder Access", and you really should move everything out of the Program Files (x86) folder because Windows protects it so much, that's it's hard to get windows to allow you access to your own folders.

I'd use the Steam Client to move Steam somewhere like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

I avoid installing ANYTHING in Program Files (x86)

Make sure you have UAC in Windows turned on.

So, when you click "Give Permission" it just keeps asking you?

If you're using Windows Defender, turn of "Controlled Folder Access", and you really should move everything out of the Program Files (x86) folder because Windows protects it so much, that's it's hard to get windows to allow you access to your own folders.

I'd use the Steam Client to move Steam somewhere like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

I avoid installing ANYTHING in Program Files (x86)

I will be giving this a try as soon as im able and getting back to this thread with the results. When I click "Give Permission" it just keeps asking over and over until I hit cancel. Moving my files out of Program Files(x86) will hopefully do the trick.