Need help to mod

Wolf382

EngineBugFixes is a collection of fixes to the game that aren't fixed by any other mod. It is an OBSE plugin and like MOO can be customised using it's INI file.

Let's get Midas installed and tested and then see about EBF.

For Midas download the top listed download MIDAS MAGIC SPELLS OF AURUM 0995 to a folder.

Next create another folder inside that folder named Version_0995_Patch_A and download the second listed download (MIDAS MAGIC SPELLS OF AURUM 0995 Patch A) to that new folder.

Extract both downloads to their own folder.

In the original download folder copy MidasSpells.bsa and paste it into the game's Oblivion\Data folder.

Next copy the MidasSpells.esp found in the Version_0995_Patch_A that you created and then paste it to the game's Oblivion\Data folder.

Activate MidasSpells.esp in OBMM and sort with BOSS.

In the game go to the Arcane University and look to the right after you first enter the courtyard and you should see a shop. I didn't see any Better City patches for Midas so hopefully it doesn't conflict.

If you need to give yourself enough gold to buy a spell or two to test the use the console and ...

player.additem f 5000

or more if you need more (f is the gold and 5000 is how much).

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright ... I was getting a bit worried!

Now looking into your Let There Be Darkness and Less Overpowered Nighteye mods I'd like you to look at the options that come with Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul first.

MOO can do the same as Let There Be Darkness (remove all the dungeon light) but it also allows you to add back in a small amount of light.

The default settings for MOO are not as dark as it can be.

Have you tried going into any dungeons since we installed MOO?

- Edit - I need to go see if the boating store is open yet. I suggest you go into a bunch of dungeons to get a feel for how MOO is set up at default.

Go in Ayleid dungeons and caves and forts ... not all dungeons of one type are the same level of darkness in the vanilla game and so you will find some darker than others.

When I get back I'll show you how to adjust MOO to try it's darker options.

i see that MOO as a darker dungeon but its still has that weird fog that let you see a little bit and not completely black which Let There Be Darkness remove and make it look more scarier plus the sound mod gonna make it even more scarier

in my head i think it make sense it darker you are basically walking to the unknown when you go to a tome or a cave so you are gonna get scared when a enemy show up out of the dark

Edited by Wolf382

OK ... open Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.ini and in Notepad's Edit -> Find menu put dungeon_fog and then Find Next.

That will bring you to the line saying ...

set MOO.ini_dungeon_fog to 1

change that to

set MOO.ini_dungeon_fog to 0

If you want even darker you can find ...

set MOO.ini_dungeon_light to 2

just above the fog setting and change it to

set MOO.ini_dungeon_light to 0

Save Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.ini and then check those same dungeons to see the difference. With both set to zero it should be the same as with Let There Be Darkness.

- Edit - Could be, depending on what you selected when installing MOO that you will already have set MOO.ini_dungeon_light to 0 ... if it's not zero then change it to test.

It comes as a premade OMOD and says it has a script to walk you through the options.

I suggest you make a new Oblivion\Data folder backup before we install Less Overpowered Nighteye to make it simple to go back to what you have now.