Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one belongs to you Wolf!!

I saw that you were reading that post you linked, so I jumped over to it. As soon as I started reading it jogged my old memory cells. Who knows how long it would have taken before I remembered it without your help.

Good detective work!!

Well if you hadn't done that I wouldn't have noticed what you were reading ... and we would have another night where Striker "needed to give it some thought" before we could move on down the list.

So what do you think ... quit for the night while we're ahead?

- Edit - I've started reading up on Sounds of Cyrodiil ... will take me some time for my research.

Get a good sleep and we'll see if we can finish the list tomorrow then. That Sounds of Cyrodiil is a big mod, so it's best if I get a good idea about what it's doing before we start on it.

You sleep, Striker will study.

Well Striker knows more about Sounds of Cyrodiil now than he did when we last talked Wolf.

One thing I found out is that it requires Wrye Bash for a bashed patch. It doesn't say that it won't work without a bashed patch, but it is a requirement, not just a recommendation.

Installing Wrye Bash isn't much harder than any other software, and I can walk you through the making a bashed patch part. You won't need Wrye Bash for more than just that.

What do you think?

It can do a lot of things ... but we will only need one of those things, so it's pretty simple.

Download Wrye Bash using the top listed download (Wrye Bash 307 - Installer) to a folder.

The download is an executable EXE so you will just double click to run the installer. Follow the prompts to install. When it asks where to install pick your game's Oblivion folder.

If it asks/says something you aren't sure about ask and we'll figure it out. I have an older version installed myself and I don't want to overwrite that WB install, so I can't run the installer myself and give you a complete step by step.

One thing I can think of that it will ask is if you want the Standalone version or the Python version ... pick the Standalone version (it will do everything we will need).