How can anybody srsly play as a Vampire Hunter?

Niklass

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Beth wasn't really know for it's expansive Vampire/Werewolf system and the like. Though they did better for the vampires this time around than they did in the past. Still use Better Vampires and Moonlight tales cause...yuck stock game.

My main and alt are always Vampire and Werewolf respectively. Other alts don't really go there.

It is a little hard for me to play as a vampire hunter even though I had done so a couple of times a full Dawnguard playthrough on their side. But I'm sure there are mods out there that make it more palatable, I never had the interest.

• 2 months later...

Because they expect you to feel sorry for the woman and not want to kill her on sight.

Which is why for people that don't want to be a vampire they gave her the cure herself option.

I understand how some could dislike Serana given her past and maybe not want to install ''marriageable Serana'', but that's more a sex and self respect, thing than her being a vampire.

Shes supposed to bring out male protective ''Hero'' or ''Antihero'' tendencies in the player like shes Guinevere, your not supposed to feel threatened by her, but maybe the Devs are asking too much of the player-base. Expecting too much maybe?

With recent tension in western society I can totally, understand the hostility.

However if you don't play along with that, and insist on thinking for yourself... you will find logically, these feelings are misplaced and Serana, pretty much feels about it the same as you might.

Shes a good natured delightful girl really. Why would you really want to kill her?

She would make a good friend if nothing else, with strong loyalty, you don't have to go there with the love if you don't wish too, and I'm sure the creators were thing along these lines.

Also think of this if your character feels any latent attraction to her, by marring the fair, really fair lol, maiden...you redeem her, and can help her regain her self respect and dignity. Even if she stays a vampire.

Though doubtlessly this has not occurred to most. She can still be the girl in the tower, sort of. She still needs saving. Her own father wants to kill her, I mean come on.

Shes a princess here, get it?

Literary example:

Roland in the written ''real'' Dark Tower stories, meets the little sisters of Elura, one of them is a vampire, Roland defines honor, and yet falls in love with her, and tells her'' he would be blessed by her company'', because he senses her true nature. That she may be technically evil, and yet shes really not evil at all. She is in fact noble.

Because Roland even in his younger days is mature enough to see this. To know all is not black and white.

''This Dark tower story, can be found in the collection everything's eventual btw and is a good read''.

Edited by skyquest32

• 1 month later...

If you stay sided with the Dawnguard, you later get the option to kill the remaining vampires(after the main story of it and Harkon is killed because of course you kill him).

Likewise as a Vampire, you do the same to the Dawnguard.

Harkon dies either way because he sucks as a villain. He really truly does.

You also get the option for Serana to be human. She hates being a vampire, actually, especially after she finds out Harkon's actual plot. She's a pureblood, she suffered Molag Bol's whatever(with him being the Prince of Domination you can infer what that probably entailed) and as a reward, he turned Harkon and Valerica. That's why they call Serana a Daughter of Coldharbour.