Giving Ysolda Mammoth Tusk removes stolen tag from items?

8aPeach

I never noticed this before, but after robbing Belethor I was able to sell his items back to him, which confused me.

I reloaded previous saves to test things out and it came to be after giving Ysolda the mammoth tusk, it removed the stolen tag. So I reloaded the save to try again without talking to her and:

1) Leveling up my Speech did not remove the stolen tag.

2) Talking to Belethor and buying from him to increase likeness did not remove the tag.

I checked inventory immediately before and after talking to Ysolda and giving her the mammoth tusk and it removed the stolen tag (since her reward is increasing speech for bartering).

Question is: bug? or hidden feature that wasn't talked about?

If anyone could test this that would be great.

Normaly you cant sell stolen goods to traders.Can only sell them to thieves guild fences if your a member.So the belethor thing doesnt sound right.Unless a mod changes that.

Ysolda isnt a trader.its a quest,it doesnt seem to matter if stolen or not.As far as i know its always been like that.

Normaly you cant sell stolen goods to traders.Can only sell them to thieves guild fences if your a member.So the belethor thing doesnt sound right.Unless a mod changes that.

Ysolda isnt a trader.its a quest,it doesnt seem to matter if stolen or not.As far as i know its always been like that.

Correct, I've stolen books for "library" quests (some NPC... not the Orc at the college) and they successfully got accepted by the requester. on more than one occasion. In fact, there's one of them that points you to a book in the castle in Windhelm where you steal it from one of the rooms (I think it's Ufric's quarters but can't remember exactly whose it was)

EDIT: just to be clear what I was referring to, in case that was missed.

There is nothing in the stock code for the dialog fragment handling the turn in to indicate a change in stolen status of any items held in the player inventory.

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname TIF__00079AE2 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(MammothTusk, 1)
akspeaker.AddItem(MammothTusk, 1)
Game.IncrementSkill("Speechcraft")
GetOwningQuest().SetStage(20)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

MiscObject Property MammothTusk  Auto  

Unsure as to what could have caused the behavior as seen by 8aPeach.